U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, August 30th, 2022 11:38 PM

Closed

Xfinity Stream Resolution

Using the Xfinity on desktop pc and firestick 4k. I do not have a set top box. I would prefer a STB, but the current XG1v4 for UHD is painfully slow and its CPU outdated. 

1. Both screens are capable of UHD, 2150p, { 3840 x 2160 pixels)

2. Both screens/devices will consistently stream UHD with other other apps/services.

3. Using a two different third party tools, I have verified both streams (PC/FireStick) of Xfinity Stream are 720p (1280 x 720)

4. Is there a full HD, 1080P, 1920x1080 option for Xfinity Stream.? Is there any option with no STB for full HD (1920 x 1080)? Anything else at all?

Thank you.

Contributor

• 

342 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @user_b42f70 thank you for reaching out through our forum. I just want to make sure, Are you having quality issues with the Xfinity Stream app? 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityStephanieT​  I believe I asked this correctly:

4. Is there a full HD, 1080P, 1920x1080 option for Xfinity Stream.? Is there any option with no STB for full HD (1920 x 1080)? Anything else at all?

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

We're here to answer all your questions :). The Xfinity Stream app does not support 4K streaming at this time. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityEmilyB​  I'm sorry to point out I didn't ask about 4K, I asked about full HD. Those standards are widely different. It's odd, disappointing and lowers my confidence that I got a proper answer.

Maybe you can internally advocate for SIMPLY UPDATING the Xfinity Stream documentation so insignificant people like me can read them for ourselves. But thanks anyway. Sorry to bother those that are there to answer all of my questions, correctly or not.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Comcast is being disingenuous. I’m having the same issue on my AppleTV. It’s clear that they’re lowering the quality on Xfinity Stream so that people spend the extra $10 a month for their unnecessary box. They should be upfront that Xfinity stream is purposefully and unnecessarily low quality and that you need to pay for the cable box to get HD from Xfinity.

Comcast, if and when you respond, can you address this head on and be up front about the low quality?

Thanks

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_cf3370​ I was the original poster. To further aggravate customers like us, that are paying big bucks for questionable services, the set top box is agonizingly SLOW.  The processors in these boxes haven't been updated in years and the programs hosted are more complex than ever. A sure recipe for horrible client side navigation. That's why I'm still using the app.

The Xfinity app is actually so speedy I love it. I hate that the resolution is so low, but, because "network" television has gotten so bad, I'm watching way less xfinity offerings. As I'm sure you know, that's not necessarily a good thing. For example, the current offerings of the Big Red N contain an amazing array of foreign pure junk and other low quality offerings. Yeah, it's new and I haven't seen it, but good luck with that. The other on demand app options at entry point prices put me back in forced commercials and rarely are in much better resolutions. Ugh! I feel your pain.

P. S. The current xfinity stream is technically HD. But as you and I have experienced, HD at this level is low quality.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Do u know if there’s a way to pause an rewind live tv on the app 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_cf3370​ Xfinity subscriber over here. I just got my new X1 box a couple of days ago and returned it. Broadcast/cable tv had the same, if not worse quality than my older 1080p box. 

So then I thought, what If I download the Xfinity stream app through my 4K television(LG G2) and see If the tv will do the processing. NOPE. I'ts the same quality. Whether your watching through the app on your tv or through any of their boxes, broadcast/cable tv is just plain abysmal right now with Xfinity. Its the same 720p signal quality no matter what.

I wouldnt say abysmal, maybe Im being too harsh. It got a little better on my new tv. But I dont think we'll be getting anything close to 4K from Xfinity for years to come. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

For #4, a cablecard and Home Run Prime box comes close. I run this in lieu of a STB.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here