U

Sunday, September 10th, 2023 9:42 PM

Closed

Xfinity stream quality issues

I have an LG c2 oled from 2022 and I use xfinity stream's app to get my cable. While I thought the quality looked suspect from the start, I only recently noticed how poor it was when I started streaming to my mobile (galaxy @s2w ultra) which had a far superior picture. How can this be improved? Any suggestions? 

1 Message

1 year ago

Comcast purposefully has low quality on all of its streaming to push their 'streambox'. Tons of people have the same issue. The PC website is also terrible quality (its a bad 720p) im not sure its even HD. Its funny when a pirated stream of an NFL game has better quality than Comcast's own stream.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

1 year ago

Thank you for reaching out to us @User_RMC, with the exception of some content, most of the content on the Stream App and Stream Portal is streamed at 720p. Are you noticing the same quality issues on all channels or on certain channels?

2 Messages

I was told by the xfinity representative that sold me my package that it was going to be a high definition stream, indicating that it would be 4k. How do I go about getting high definition channels/streaming? Do I need to get an actual cable box? Thank you in advance. 

-<EDIT: Removed Personal Information>

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@User_RMC 4K UHD and 4K UHD/HDR viewing is currently available to Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex customers and requires a compatible Xfinity TV Box, an HDCP 2.2 compatible 4K TV and a 4K-capable HDCP 2.2 compliant HDMI cord. 4K UHD and 4K UHD/HDR content viewing requires an Xfinity X1 XG1v4 or Xi6 TV Box, or an XiOne streaming TV Box for Xfinity Flex. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

Of course it is because you're ripping off customers. I pay your company 170 dollars a [Edited: "Language"] month and still can't get 4k streaming using your app which is a disgrace.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

913 Messages

@se7enxX, 4K streaming is quite a handy feature that we would be happy to ensure you are able to take advantage of. Firstly, are you aware of whether or not you have a 4k box? Here is a great link with information on 4k accessibility.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here