Tuesday, July 26th, 2022 4:44 PM

Closed

Xfinity stream on Samsung tv will not let me change channel with th remote

Remote won’t access channel guide

Problem Solver

• 

502 Messages

2 years ago

Hi @user_261971! I'm sorry that's happening. I know from experience how frustrating remote issues can be! What remote model are you using? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far to check into this?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

26K Messages

2 years ago

Remote won’t access channel guide

In https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/x1/missing-mini-guide/62db365d6f170a2f7efb365b?commentId=62dddb1c6a3f856065f6d062&replyId=62de6d416f170a2f7efb5a2e 

employee @XfinityEva wrote:

... Depending upon the amount of RAM in the TV (2GB or less), the MiniGuide feature was removed to improve performance and overall experience with the app. 

Unfortunately the employee did not indicate how to tell how much RAM memory a TV has.

Without the MiniGuide, to change the channel you have to [Return] to the first Stream screen ("Now Playing"), select "Live TV", and scroll to the channel you want to watch. "Saved", "Browse", "Search", and "Settings" are also options on that screen.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Not sure how removing the mini guide is an enhancement to the experience.  How do you now navigate channels on a samsung smart tv?  

Problem Solver

• 

127 Messages

Hello @user_eb2d2b there have are some models of Samsung and LG TVs that no longer support the Xfinity Stream app. Here is some helpful information on the Stream app https://comca.st/3zpmqBu What year is the TV that you own? -Daisy 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Thanks Daisy,   I am not having issues installing/accessing the app - its with the channel navigation as noted above.  My samsung TV is a 2021 model

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityDaisy​ I have a 2021 tv and have never been able to watch any channel except NBC.  Nothing on the remote allows access to other channels...None of these instructions work as the app opens right up to that channel, not a menu.  So disappointed!  

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

@Aimnorth thank you for bringing this to our attention. Which brand of 2021 TV do you experience this issue with? 

Please also see these helpful support articles to learn about the minimum system requirements and FAQs about the Xfinity Stream app partner devices. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Hitting the return brings up the guide but have to toggle from channel 1 to the 800s to the familiar channel #’s.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@user_261971​ 

Thank you for the response!  I did discover this - too bad the app designer believes eliminating the mini guide creates an enhanced experience for the user 

Problem Solver

• 

127 Messages

@user_eb2d2b we can take the feedback on the change, the Xfinity Stream app is still in Beta, and hopefully we can get items updated or worked back in to it. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same issue as described above… just installed 4 brand new LG TVs.  No issue to access the Xfinity Stream app, but can’t change channels without going back out using the return button.  This absolutely needs to be more user friendly… I hope you can notify users of a fix very soon!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here