semonk's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, September 16th, 2023 1:27 PM

Closed

Xfinity Stream on Roku Channel Issues

Recently I notices when I turned on my TV to watch Xfinity Stream on a Roku enabled TV the channel number I was watching previously is now indicated as a much higher channel. Why is Xfinity Stream or Roku changing the number of the channel I was watching? 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

@semonk Is it changing you from a standard definition to a high-definition channel instead? Can you give us an example of what you're seeing?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

If you have a 4K Roku TV or a 4K Roku device on a 4K TV these are the 4K channels.
Yes, it is a pain because the 4K channels are not in the same order as the HD channels. They are grouped by type, News, Sports, Girl Channels (Hallmark, etc.), etc. It makes scrolling for what you want hard.
Press the * button and then you can "Find Channel".

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

1 year ago

I have been having this same issue for the past month. I have several Hisense and TCL Roku TVs and they all now go to a 4digit channel. The comment from @XfinityBenjaminM does not seem very insightful and I see now that there are DAYS in between comments.

Here are some examples:
   ESPN Channel 633 shows up in my Last Watched as 1205

ABC Channel 613 shows up in my Last Watched List as 1013

MLB Channel 682 shows up in my Last Watched List as 1219

Even if I tune to 633 from my Live TV, Favorite Channels list, this channel (633) never appears in Last Watched list. Has Xfinity changed their HD channel numbers without communicating to their customers? And why do I need see more people upset on this site?

Official Employee

• 

888 Messages

@FlipFlopDrew Thanks for providing some examples. The channels may have a better resolution or signal, so it may auto-change for you. Is it still the same programming on both channels 633 and 1205?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here