C

Saturday, August 19th, 2023 5:06 PM

Closed

Xfinity Stream on my iMac never works anymore

I've found that Xfinity Stream on my iMac never works anymore. I simply get a black screen with the Xfinity logo and 3 dots. And clearing out cookies/history doesn't work either. Can someone help? It's really annoying and makes me wonder why I even have Xfinity anymore if it doesn't work.

Problem Solver

• 

517 Messages

1 year ago

Which web browser are you using? Have you tried a different browser to see if you still have the problem?

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

1 year ago

Welcome to our Community Forum, @Cooke73! Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention so we can make sure you're able to stream all your favorite Xfinity content. Also, thank you @DreamSayerZ for jumping in with that great suggestion! Have you tried more than one browser to see if the Stream site works? Is this only happening on the iMac or multiple devices? 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

This is what I just found out after 90 minutes on the phone with support. I have a MacBook Pro MAX M2 machine. There apparently is an issue with a recent version of Ventura that is preventing the stream from loading. The rep I spoke to had to dig around for it but Xfinity apparently is aware of the issue and hasn't gotten a fix yet.

In fact, while we were on the phone I suddenly had the idea of restarting in Safe Mode and sure enough, the stream loaded in the latest versions of Firefox and Chrome BUT NOT in Safari. So initially I thought it was one of the many ancillary programs that I load on regular startup, but then the rep got word about the Ventura issue.

Try restarting in Safe Mode and use Firefox/Chrome and see if it works for you.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

In addition, there was another issue I just found out which resolved the issue without going into Safe Mode. I found that AdGuard was causing an issue with loading the stream . If you use AdGuard, or perhaps any ad blocking app on your mac browsers, go into Preferences, then click on the "General" tab and at the bottom of the window select the "Edit Allowlist..." button and click the "+" sign to add a line and type in xfinity.com to stop AdGuard from filtering traffic from Xfinity. It worked even in Safari.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here