U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, April 14th, 2023 6:15 PM

Closed

Xfinity Stream on Firestick Not Working

My app on friestick stopped working on all my firsticks.  Also I can't upgrade or install from the store it says it is unavailable.  Anyone having this issue?

Contributor

• 

127 Messages

1 year ago

Hello @user_JOB thank you for reaching out to Xfinity through our Forums! I hope you are having a fabulous day so far! I am sorry to hear about the trouble you are having with the Xfinity Stream App on your Firestick.

Just to clarify, To find and download the Xfinity Stream app in the Amazon Appstore, your Amazon Fire TV and tablet devices must be running Fire OS 6 or later.

Is your Firestick running Fire OS 6 or later? 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@CCChristian​ Is there a way to download and install an older version of the Xfinity Stream app that will run with Fire OS 5?  If not, Xfinity has made obsolete all first and second generation Fire TV sticks, which can't run OS 6.

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

Sadly, there is no way to install an older version of the Stream App.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

I hope Xfinity will change its mind about that or that Amazon forces Xfinity to put an older version of the Stream app in the Appstore.  Otherwise, we all have to buy new Fire TV sticks to use Xfinity Stream.

The old version of the Stream app worked just fine with a second-generation Fire TV stick.  I'm not happy about an "upgrade" that makes that stick obsolete and forces me to buy a new one.

Official Employee

• 

232 Messages

I understand where you are coming from. We sincerely appreciate your feedback. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I'm having a similar problem, I have ver 7.0.0.0.9 which won't work.  It states I need to update to a newer version 7.4.1.7, but when I try to update from the app store it downloads the same old version 7.0.0.0.9.  I've deleted the app, unplugged the TV from the wall to hard reset, but nothing is working.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_c34506 Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Forums. We would recommend uninstalling the Xfinity Stream App completely, and hard restarting the Fire Stick (or Fire TV) by unplugging it from the power outlet for several minutes. After that, power it back on, download the app again, and see if you are able to access the newest firmware version. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I'm having xfinity stream app working on my firestick also can anyone help me?

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@jameskjones​ The app no longer works with Fire OS 5, which means it won't work on first or second generation Fire TV sticks.  Unless Xfinity changes the app to make it compatible with Fire OS 5, as it was until last week, or Amazon puts an old version of the app in the appstore, we're going to have to buy new Fire TV sticks.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

xfinity stream app NOT  working - sorry

Problem Solver

• 

513 Messages

Hi there, @jameskjones. Thank you for reaching out to us via our forums. What error codes or issues are you experiencing on the app?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

The same thing is going on with my app and my uncle's. The CW and other channels will not play, the watch link stays grayed out and the show doesn't play even though it says live. Some shows play while others don't. On the one's that don't, a message appears below the watch link that says I need to connect to my wifi even though I'm connected and other shows play. These are local channels went suddenly are they not playing? 

Recognized Contributor

• 

238 Messages

I can see how this issue would be very frustrating. Are you still experiencing the issue with the CW and local channels? 

1 Message

11 months ago

I have had the same issue on 2 Amazon devices - Gen 2 Fire Cube and a new 4K Max Fire Stick - latest firmware, modem restarts done, etc. It's an app issue. I get the same error message and has happened to 2 different titles played several weeks apart on different Amazon devices. I never had a single successful movie play through. The movie stops about 2 minutes in and goes to a black screen with a message something like 'playback is unavailable at this time' or something like that, I forget now but nothing 'telling' as to why or what the error is. It's not a connection issue - I have over 500Mb of bandwidth available at the location. I can play fine on other devices - just not on my TV - which is the whole point. Seems a shame after losing Peacock, which I actually used & replaced with a $1 weekend movie offer that you can't watch where you want to watch it. It's lame. It seems to only be an issue with Amazon products, at least for me, which is a fairly large market share of how people watch content. I had Xfinity online assistant help, who put me through to tech phone call which was hung up once I explained my situation. A follow-up email from Xfinity based on a survey response I left with my critical view of Xfinity, asking if they could reach out which I agreed to but then they never reached out. Like those folks who always say - "Give me a shout if you need anything" but they don't actually mean it. My advice is either don't use Amazon products if you want to use Xfinity Stream or find a more reliable service.

2 Messages

11 months ago

Great xfinity app not working on the fire stick. I guess xfinity partnered with Amazon fire to make us buy new fire sticks. Come on that’s messed up. Cut us a break we’re paying an insane amount for internet the least you could let us do is stream on the fire stick. 

2 Messages

11 months ago

You have to buy a newer fire stick. Thank xfinity and Amazon for a genius collaboration to make us spend more money

1 Message

11 months ago

Is streaming having issues. Same error on both android and firestick. "Error

connecting" reinstalled app. Prior to reinstall error was "Error loading guide. Try again later"

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

10 months ago

**To be clear, I am able to stream the Xfinity Stream app fine on each of my Fire TV Stick 4K Max devices. It’s the $1.00 reward movie I’m going to discuss.

I claim my $1.00 movie reward, choose my movie, start it on the Xfinity Stream App using my Fire TV Stick 4K Max and it plays for about 5 minutes then an error message appears as shown on the attached picture.

So stupid me tries repeatedly until I was furious but decided to go into another room where I didn’t want to watch the movie and amazingly it streamed just fine on the Xfinity Flex Box. I switched to the Fire Stick and guess what, I received the same error message.

I was told we didn’t need to use the Flex Box or even have to have one. However, it’s the ONLY way the reward movies will stream. Tried the newest ROKU, exact same issue. So I decided I don’t need or want the rewards nor the Flex Box and will be taking it back to the store. 

I am using the Fire TV Stick 4K Max (the newest) on all of my TVs. They’re all running - 

Fire OS 7.6.5.2 (PS765/3564).

Another interesting feature, the tv which has the Flex Box and the new Fire TV Stick 4K Max - I turn the tv on and try to use my Fire Stick, the Flex Box will not let the Fire Stick play. I put it on the Fire Stick and automatically it changes to the Xfinity Flex Box. Another reason it’s going back to the store. You can try to tell me to uninstall & reinstall the Xfinity Stream App and do a hard reset on the Fire Sticks however they’re the newest version and 3 of the 5 TVs are brand new. There shouldn’t be any reason to have to do anything except sit back and watch a movie. In my opinion, Xfinity wants to control your tv. They want you to use strictly use their device. We’ve had it on every tv and experienced the same issue. An extremely bad way to conduct business. 

No replies necessary if you’re going to offer advice to tell me to try something because I’m not trying anything. The box is being returned tomorrow.
I just wanted to describe what I’m experiencing. 

Everyone have a fantastic day!

1 Message

9 months ago

I’m getting unrecognizable device code when I enter the activation code. How can I fix this?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here