U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, January 12th, 2023 1:57 AM

Closed

Xfinity Stream on Cruise Ship

Can we access Xfinity Stream services including movies we have purchased while traveling internationally on a cruise ship? This would of course assume that we have purchased the cruise ships surf and stream internet package.

We are familiar with Xfinity Stream services when traveling in different states. That means we recognize we don't have 100% channel access but it's a pretty good service. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

26K Messages

2 years ago

Can we access Xfinity Stream services including movies we have purchased while traveling internationally ...

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-tv-app-requirements says:

International Viewing

Xfinity TV programs cannot be streamed outside of the United States. However, programs downloaded to your mobile device can be viewed offline anywhere, even while you're in other countries. Learn more about cloud and Xfinity On Demand content for devices

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you for the clarification for the TV access. Now for the movie question. Movies are purchases. They are not DVRs, or at least we did not DVR them. Can we access the movies without having to download the movies onto some other device?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

26K Messages

2 years ago

... Can we access the movies without having to download the movies ...

I cannot find a definitive answer to that. My guess is that, since they don't allow you to stream recordings outside the USA, they probably won't let you stream your purchases either. A VPN may or may not allow you to work around this.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks! If you happen to find a definitive answer could you please follow up in this post? Greatly appreciated!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_613f59, you can download purchases using the Xfinity Stream app. Downloaded titles can even be viewed when you're not connected to the Internet. To download, select your title from your purchases list and then click Download. Up to three different devices (such as computers, mobile phones or tablets) can stream your purchased titles or can download purchased movies and TV shows at any given time. A maximum of three devices can be registered to your account at once.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here