Selat's profile

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, September 28th, 2023 2:07 AM

Closed

Xfinity Stream on AppleTV 4K freezes when I leave the house

I like leaving the TV on for the dogs and often I’ll turn on a cable channel from my package using my Xfinity Stream app on my AppleTV 4K.  I never have issues with it freezing except when I leave the house and then it freezes consistently about 5-10 minutes after I leave.

Why is it doing that?  Internet is still connected via WiFi.  The only change is that my iPhone has accompanied me, but I’m not casting, so that shouldn’t make a difference.

Any ideas?  And more importantly how do I get this corrected so that it doesn’t freeze while I’m gone?

Official Employee

• 

913 Messages

1 year ago

@Selat, thank you for reaching out and providing information related to your Xfinity Stream experience on the Apple TV device. Out of curiosity have you noticed this issue occur on the Xfinity Stream app with any other devices? For example, does this also occur on your iPhone or another device with access to Xfinity Stream?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

This is also occurring to me on Latest OS updated AppleTV 4K. It is really annoying. Often when recording shows as well - half way through the recording video will freeze and audio continues to play. Totally unacceptable.

Now I wish I didn’t give up my XFinity streaming box (they didn’t have any in stock for replacement).
Plus the fact you cant keep show on while browsing guide sucks. You can do this on the iOS apps just fine. Experience is totally way off from the iOS apps.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Last update was in Aug - I recall several iOS updates since that time. Laggards...

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here