U

Saturday, May 18th, 2024 2:17 PM

Xfinity stream not working both online and in app

Both app and online streaming stopped working yesterday.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 months ago

Xfinity stream is not working on my devices and tvs as of this morning. Only a few strange channels

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_f94f2e Are you getting any error messages when accessing the Xfinity Stream app?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

5 months ago

Hello, how are you @user_yhampe? I hope overall your Sunday has been good so far. Something I will always recommend doing if you're seeing an error code using the Xfinity Stream app is reset your modem/equipment, and devices. If this does not clear the error code use the Xfinity Assistant to attempt to clear the issue. You can access this from the Xfinity app or using the following link.  If you select Troubleshoot TV and follow the prompts this will run an effective diagnostic on your service. It uses some of the same resources we have, to fix the issue. We're always striving to provide digital tools that make account management simple and easy. This tool is great for solving this type of issue. 

https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/

3 Messages

Not at home.  I've tried the troubleshooter, it asks about tv boxes, this has nothing to do with tv boxes.  I pay a lot of money to xfinity and this customer service is terrible.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_yhampe I certainly understand the urgency to get your service working, so you can enjoy your service when you get home. Try searching Stream in the tool when you have a moment. That will change the path or line of questions the resource uses to refresh the service. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

I am also experiencing the same issue. This started Friday morning and not been resolved. I called into the customer care line for troubleshooting and they were unable to resolve, to the point where I was asked what the model of my TV was. This of course was not relevant because my Stream app wasn't working on my device I had (iPad, iPhone, TV, etc)

2 Messages

Also same problem!  not working on any of my tvs!

2 Messages

app will not even load, no error messages.

3 Messages

5 months ago

I used to be able to stream online or with the Xfinity App on my iPad.  Today, it doesn't work on either.  At least I realized that I can stream on the ESPN app on both devices and what I wanted to watch was there.   Now I need to find a TNT app so I can watch that since Xfinity Stream won't get pass the three dots.

3 Messages

Last time I was told by customer service that I need to get closer to the router ... despite I am hard wired into it....and I even had the two devices touching each other to have customer service say get closer to it.

8 Messages

@user_c83a73​ 

LOL. Customer "Service" reads off some decision tree and never solves this issue. I am trying to watch CNN. If I go to the CNN website on a desktop (Chrome or EDGE) and select LIVE TV, I am asked to select my provider (X-Finity) and immediately get an error message that CNN is not in my authorized Network..."Please upgrade". If I go to the Infinity site on my Android or web browser, the channel lineup that is now loading is Peacock (not a subscriber). The channel lineup never loads. I am asked to "try later". Today is Day 13 or 14 of this nonsense. If I BROWSE for ANYTHING (CNN, Fox, NBC) the only "channels" returned are sports teams with the letters C-N-N in them. FRUSTRATED. Spoke with 5 techs; escalated to Tier-2. Not a single answer. Only solution: schedule tech support to come to house to troubleshoot cell phone (for $100.00).

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_lzap1i Thank you for sharing the details and steps you have taken already to try and resolve this issue. Have you check to make sure you are on your home network when tring to stream this network? 

8 Messages

Of course I am on my home network. Let's cut to the chase and help all of us fix this apparently common issue. If you are going to waste our time and ask silly questions no need to respond. I have ONE HOUSE, ONE NETWORK. After many years of successful streaming, it is VERY LIKELY that the issue is on your end. My cell phone, desk top computers at home and at work CAN NO LONGER CONNECT. There are no channel lineups loading on phone or browsers (Chrome and EDGE); there are nonsense error messages telling me I am NOT AUTHORIZED to view the Network Channel (CNN) when I bloody well pay $169.00 monthly to view many channels, including CNN. Today is Day 14 (2 weeks) of NO STREAMING SERVICE AVAILABLE.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_lzap1i Good morning, CNN is not a channel you can watch live and on the go. You must be connected to your home internet connection to access life content on this channel. I would be happy to take a closer look at this issue with you and troubleshoot. To get started, please send our team a Direct Message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account. 

To send a "Direct Message" message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

3 Messages

5 months ago

I also am having the same problem. Starting last week 5/17/2024 I have not been able to get the live stream on my computer. After logging on to Xfinity and clicking on "live TV" and then clicking on "all channels" I get this response:

Something went wrong.

Your guide isn't loading right now. Please wait a few moments, then try again.

(Error TVAPP-00502)

Try Again

Trust me, I have "try again" a hundred times, it does not work.  Up until this happened, was able to stream the Xfinity into my computer very well over the internet. 

When does Xfinity plan on fixing this ?

8 Messages

Let's start holding our breath-- I guarantee CS will not respond or not respond with any insightful assistance...except asking us nonsense questions and asking us to chase our tails.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Greetings, @user_m6bxrf! Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues with the Xfinity Stream website, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Direct Message, please click on the “Direct Message” icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon, then type or select "Xfinity Support". Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window and press Enter to send your message and initiate a live session.

3 Messages

5 months ago

Still waiting for Xfinity to fix the problem. Maybe Xfinity doesn't understand that there are other choices out there to view stuff over the internet.

3 Messages

XfinityJamesC

It appears that you have very little if any authority within Xfinity. Can you please send us the name and e-mail address of Xfinity's customer service manager ?

1 Message

5 months ago

Same problem… just 3 dots with no error message . I have a Samsung tv and wonder if this is the same issue that caused us to lose access for like 2 weeks a couple months ago 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the Stream app as well @user_t6te03. We'd be happy to help troubleshoot your issues further. Are you experiencing this issue on any other devices or just the Samsung TV? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here