U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, March 16th, 2023 8:11 PM

Closed

xfinity stream no longer working on desktop.

Not sure what has changed but Xfinity stream is no longer working on my iMac.  Literally using it last month with no issues but has not worked over the last two weeks.  Works fine on my iPhone app but not desktop.  I get the same results on Safari and Chrome.  But again it worked on Safari last month.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 years ago

Hello, @user_41c2910! Thank you for coming to the community with your Xfinity Stream portal concerns. I'm sorry to hear about this issue, and I would love to see what we can do to help! Is it still ongoing? If so, may I ask what troubleshooting steps you've taken so far (i.e. clearing cache and cookies on the iMac, restarting the computer, trying a third/different browser, etc.)?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I have taken all those troubleshooting steps. Computer was rebooted, cache cookies cleared, tried chrome as an alternative to safari, tried in private window. 

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

Thank you for letting us know that you tried all of those steps, @user_41c2910. We may need to open a ticket for this. This link shows the Minimum System Requirements for the Xfinity Stream Portal. Does your device meet the minimum requirements? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

As of 4/27/23 xfinity stream stopped working properly on Chrome on Desktop.  It opens the stream app but will not open the program selection, just keeps showing 3 horizontal dots.  It works on Chrome on my laptop computer.  It works perfectly in Microsoft Edge on both Desktop and Laptop.  H. Chaney

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

Adding to comment just posted by ngc1:  Stayed online with Xfinity support for about an hr. on 4/28/23 and still doesn't work on Chrome on Desktop.  Have tried all the suggestions.  ngc1

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

It works for me on Desktop with Chrome. It's awful quality, but it works. 

Contributor

• 

127 Messages

Hello @ngc1 I am sorry to hear about the trouble you are having with Xfinity Stream for Chrome on Desktop. This is absolutely not the experience we intend to provide, and I can only imagine how frustrating this must be for you. 

I would like to take a closer look into your situation, and see what we can do to get this working for you. You mentioned you have tried all the suggestions. Can you please share with me specifically the steps you have already tried, so we can skip those and move on to more effective troubleshooting steps? 

I no longer work for Comcast. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Yes, my Mac meets all the system requirements.  Service was working on this device a month prior.

Problem Solver

• 

311 Messages

@user_41c2910

Ok, great!

Are you receiving a black screen or an error code that begins with XRE?

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here