doofusmusic's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Tue, Jun 21, 2022 2:38 PM

Xfinity Stream Minimizing Without Being Told to Do So

Xfinity stream on my iPad minimizes itself after a seemingly random period of time ... how do I keep it from doing that?  A secondary problem is that the sound periodically drops out for a few seconds then comes back in ... what's up with that?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

11日前

@doofusmusic We appreciate you reaching out here on our Xfinity Forums and I'm truly sorry to hear that you've been experiencing audio issues and the Stream app minimizing on your iPad. When you are using the Stream app are you out of your home using cellular data or in your home on your Wi-Fi?

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

11日前

I'm in my home but it does the same thing if I'm away from home ... in my home, the Xfinity Stream app works perfectly on my PC and Laptop but displays the behavior I outlined on my iPad ... all devices are connected to the same WiFi with very good signal strength ... no other app on the iPad does this as far as I can tell.  You Tube is one I did check as it seems similar to the Xfinity app in terms of streaming behavior.  The minimizing seems rather random ... that is, sometimes the maximized picture is up longer than other times but, given enough time, it will minimize without any help from me ... the audio dropout is more recent and seems completely random.  Thanks for any advice you may have ....

XfinityEva

Official Employee

• 

427 Messages

Thank you for these details. What is the model of the iPad you are experiencing these issues on? 

Have you tried any other troubleshooting like uninstalling and reinstalling the app? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here