U

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, July 6th, 2024 4:48 AM

Xfinity Stream is beta software and is complete junk on my Samsung TVs!

The Xfinity Stream app for the Samsung TVs is just junk, the worst streaming app I have ever used. Is there a plan to fix it and release an actual release version of the software? I have not had any issues with my other streaming apps including Samsung TV, Netflix, Amazon, HBO, Hulu, Apple TV etc. on my Samsung TVs, the Xfinity Stream App is the only one that always has issues every time I use it. Yes every time I turn it on there are issues, this is not just periodically, every time; this app is horrible. 

I have Xfinity 1.3 GB; connected to the TV directly to the Xfinity router, not using WiFi.

Latest firmware installed on the TV.

1. Just about every time I use it, after an hour or so the screen just goes black and get only audio with error message on the screen “TVAPP-00273”

2. The Xfinity App just spins ( 3 dots) and never starts up, have to reboot the TV and clear the cache for the app.

3. Change a channel and the app locks up (“undefined” in the upper left corner) and spins, have to reboot the app and/or the TV and clear the cache. 

Is there a new release version of the app coming soon? I am paying for a service that the current app is not providing. Need to get this fixed ASAP or I will be moving to CenturyLink Fiber (20x faster upload speeds) and Google TV rather than Xfinity Stream beta app and Comcast/Xfinity cable service.  

Longtime customer (38 years) - very disappointed. Please fix this, I don’t want to move away from Xfinity - but with the current app I barely have access to the channels and it’s so frustrating my wife just watches Samsung TV now, which is free. 

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

3 months ago

Hello, @user_9d2e56

I'm sorry for this inconvenience. We want our customers to have the best experience with the Xfinity Stream App and our other amazing products. To assist can you tell me what model Samsung TV you are having this issue on? The reason I ask is the Xfinity Stream app is no longer available on 2017 Samsung and LG smart TVs. You can read about the details here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/stream-app-not-supported. I have another support article https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activating-xfinity-stream-smarttvs that covers the models we do support. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here