U

Thursday, April 18th, 2024 12:27 AM

Closed

Xfinity stream hangs when changing channels

Other apps like Apple and Amazon work fine while Xfinity is hung up. I can usually change channels once using guide but 2nd time almost always locks up. This has been happening for many months. I usually just go to other apps now and wonder why I pay for xfinity. 

only way to get out of hanging app is to tun off electricity to TV. Then I can get 2 new channels to watch. 

3 Messages

6 months ago

Opps, I forgot it does give me an error after a bit of waiting.  So I just returned home from work 3:50 PM. The tv has not been on since 9:45 PM last night. Turned it, channel came up and I went to live tv guide, came right up and decided on channel.  After spinning for a while got error TVAPP-00148. Try again button that is always useless to try. But here goes.  Have the 3 dots… flashing. Now same error.

before I reboot tv by shutting off power strip, I’ll give prime video a try while Xfinity is hung up. The Prime Video comes up fast to live tv and selected a channel which works just fine. So my connection from tv to your Xfinity wifi box is just fine. 

any ideas on the Xfinity app issue?

3 Messages

Btw, going back to Xfinity app and trying again still gets same error.  Power off and on tv, now loading Xfinity app. It opens channel I was trying to go to. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_4b4ojf! Could you please confirm the brand and model of your TV?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here