mgre's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, April 1st, 2020 6:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity Stream Error TVAPP-00481

Get an error when trying to watch anything on Xfinity Stream...just started happening like 2 hrs ago and I've been watching fine all day. On Windows 10 with Chrome 80 I get Error TVAPP-00481 but I can bring up the same on-demand episode on my iPhone and it plays fine.

Error after I select any item to play:

"This Video Cannot Be Played

We've run into a problem while streaming Bugs.

(Error TVAPP-00481)"

Please help. Thanks.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@mgre wrote:

Get an error when trying to watch anything on Xfinity Stream...just started happening like 2 hrs ago and I've been watching fine all day. On Windows 10 with Chrome 80 I get Error TVAPP-00481 but I can bring up the same on-demand episode on my iPhone and it plays fine.

Error after I select any item to play:

"This Video Cannot Be Played

We've run into a problem while streaming Bugs.

(Error TVAPP-00481)"

Please help. Thanks.

what computer operating system/version? which browser? did you try using Chrome/Edge?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have the same problem. I just want to watch Cops https://www.xfinity.com/stream/entity/8417101443769375112

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@eywy wrote:

I have the same problem. I just want to watch Cops https://www.xfinity.com/stream/entity/8417101443769375112

what computer operating system/version? which browser? did you try using Chrome/Edge?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Same error, no idea on the fix. Restarted multiple times, opened in different browsers and on different computers, still get the same error. 

Can we get an update on this?

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hi, @user_aea00b. I'm sorry to hear you are running into the same problem. I checked the Stream portal for my service, and I did not come across this error. Everyone's setup is different, so there could be other variables involved. I see you are running into this code across all the devices in the home. Do you get this error as soon as you access the app, or only when you attempt to play content? Have you tested your Xfinity Stream App as well? Do you see the same error code there? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

App works find on the phone but when I connect to my projector an issue occurs "screen mirroring"?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_beb589, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. The Screen mirroring feature in our awesome stream app allows you to cast the Xfinity stream content on a Chromecast device. For more information on this feature, we have this awesome link https://comca.st/2UCX9U9 .

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I wasnt to use Xfinity Strean and view on my projector.  Help me with what is screen mirroring which is not allowed or how to get around that problem?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here