llgrubbs1's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Saturday, July 24th, 2021 4:01 PM

Closed

xfinity stream error messages

I've used Xfinity Stream with ROKU on two TVs for at least 3 years and seldom had a problem.  Within the past 2-3 months, Xfinity Stream has become almost impossible to use.  It repeatedly buffers or freezes when I'm trying to watch a TV show...doesn't matter which show.  It usually happens with recorded shows but has started to happen with "live" shows.  I get messages like "Attempting to Resume... We've run into a problem while streaming."  "Sorry! Something went wrong. Please try again later. TVAPP-00800" "This video cannot be played. We've run into a problem while streaming.  TVAPP-00307"  This problem is not related to poor internet service, based on speed tests and the strength showing on my cellphone.  The problem isn't related to heavy internet use while trying to watch TV.  We are retired, don't play Call of Duty and seldom have multiple devices in use at the same time.  I've rebooted the router/modem numerous times, done refreshes, checked cables...no change.  Dealing with your Chat bot is typical of today's climate of "non-service" (the wait to speak to a human at Delta is 4-8 hours) so I went to the nearest Xfinity store a couple of days ago.  The rep immediately decided I had a bad router/modem and gave me a new one.  I installed it, moving it to immediately above the TV that I use most often.  Did that fix the problem?  Of course not.  I've been a Comcast customer for as long as you have been in Indianapolis...40+ years.  This needs to be fixed.  MetroNet just installed new fiberoptic cable in my neighborhood with a junction box at the corner of my yard...and their pricing is attractive.  

Problem Solver

• 

571 Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @llgrubbs1 I am very sorry to hear of the troubles you have been experiencing with our Xfinity Stream app. We really appreciate your business with us for so many years and do not want to lose you as an Xfinity customer. We will get to the bottom of this with you. Just to confirm aside from the Roku devices are you having troubles with the Stream app on smart phones, tablets, computers? Have you attempted to see if the error occurs on all devices as well? 

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

3 years ago

I used my laptop and watched a couple of recorded shows.  There was no buffering and no error messages.  I will watch some "live" TV and report back shortly.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@llgrubbs1 No worries at all! I appreciate the update and let us know when you have time! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

3 years ago

No problems watching on my laptop.  However, when I tried to watch live programming on my TV, I got an error message (TVAPP-00500).  When I didn't use the Guide but just selected the Animal Planet channel icon, it played normally.  I didn't watch long enough to check for buffering or other error messages.  I did try to watch a movie on Prime and got an error message.  I would attribute this to the Roku device on this TV, but the same thing happens on 2 other Roku-equipped TVs.  What else can I try?

This comment was created from this reply

Problem Solver

• 

571 Messages

Thank you, @llgrubbs1 for the detailed explanation. I am happy to hear that you were able to stream from your laptop without any issues. However, I would like to troubleshoot further with your Roku's. Can you please send us a peer to peer message with your full name and address to assist?

To send a peer to peer chat:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon or https://comca.st/3vrfIHX

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

(Credit to @BruceW)

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Include me in this disappointment. I've struggled with this problem over a month now, (ERROR: TVAPP-00307). Can someone find out if this is a Cloud storage problem? or is the a application Bug? Please! post asap

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here