bill_linda's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, August 29th, 2023 8:03 PM

Closed

Xfinity Stream Doesn’t Work Correctly in Garage

My husband likes to watch recorded sports on his IPad in our garage. Both house and garage are small with siding. Our Gateway is in an upstairs bedroom, approx. 50 feet away. We’ve previously successfully used a Slingbox and AirPort Express to watch recordings in process in the garage. Both now are obsolete.

His primary issue is that he cannot watch a recording in progress and weak/loss of signal. We’ve tried 1 TP-Link (RE305), 2 Xfinity pods and neither work, countless hours on the phone with Xfinity and a technician visit. He’s headed to Xfinity to return the pods - the app tells us that internet and pod signals are strong, but in the garage the wi-fi signal is weak (along with the other issues). 

It’s seems to me that our request is simple and straightforward - wanting to watch recorded programming on our home wi-fi. He’s immensely frustrated. What are we missing? 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 year ago

Hello @bill_linda, Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here