U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, August 14th, 2022 3:53 PM

Closed

Xfinity Stream DOES NOT WORK with apple airplay LG TV outside of your home

I just spent an hour on the phone with tech support. Apparently they are totally unaware of this issue as I just found posting on the web.

I recently purchased a 2022 LG tv for use out of my home in my mothers apt. different state.

I planned to use apple mirroring airplay to watch my taped xfinity shows .

I get sound and a black screen only with xfinity.  I tried it with my phone thought it was working but not on my taped or live shows before there was not message now I get a message that airplay is not supported?????  This was after the tech support on the phone told me to delete and reinstall my xfinity stream app because there  has been improvements. hmmmmm

Why?

Everyone else uses it all the pay tv programs and you tube .  
This was so I could watch my own tv ot of my home instead of watching the computer.

[Edited: "Language"]....I hope this gets resolved.  I certainly pay enough for cable tv that this should not be an issue in 2022.

Problem Solver

• 

770 Messages

2 years ago

Hello. Thank you for all those details. At this time, casting in the manner you are attempting, is not an option, we are always looking at ways to improve. Some viewing options are limited for a number of reasons. I will pass this feedback along, and we take all feedback as a gift. Please, at your leisure submit your feedback here

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityBrandon​  Hey Brandon 

That comment of yours is extremely  offensive "I would like to get free cable while in my mothers house"

I pay over $200 a month for my 'free cable' and the ability according to xfinity to 'stream my 'free

cable anywhere I want.   my mother has cable too btw.

I just want to watch my programs that I dvr on the tv I'm able to on my computer so what difference does it make if its on my computer or on my tv?  HUH? 

Also why don't you address the fact that your ''tech support' people don't even realize this is going on.  He had me on hold trying to figure out why it wasn't working as well as having me try numerous things to 'get it to work.'

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityBrandon​ Hey Brandon

I would like to know what the number of reasons are for restricting the use of the tv in this way. ?????

Problem Solver

• 

770 Messages

2 years ago

@user_2517ee, I apologize if you took that the wrong way, and after reading it, I can see how it comes off, and I will correct going forward. My intention was to say, I would use it at my mothers home as well 👍, and I love the options to be able to view away from the home. I am not able to speak to what was advised from our tech support, and I know it can be frustrating when you are told something that is not true, I will pass your feedback along. Here is a link for FAQ's to address the reasons. 

Can I use the Xfinity Stream app when my Apple TV isn’t connected to my Xfinity in-home WiFi?
No, because the Xfinity Stream app lets you access your Xfinity TV services, which are only available through your in-home Xfinity network. You won’t be able to use the app if you’re connected to another network, including Xfinity WiFi hotspots or any "XFINITYwifi" network that may be available in your home. If you’re an Xfinity On Campus customer, you must be on your campus WiFi network.

Can I use my Xfinity Stream app at a friend's house or a hotel room?
No, but you can still access your favorite content on the go through the Xfinity Stream app on your smartphone, tablet or computer. In addition, if you have Xfinity TV and an Apple TV device, you can use many programmer apps to access your TV network websites and apps programming outside your home using your Xfinity ID and password.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

2 years ago

if you can get access to a chromecast device the iphone or android phone can connect using your mom's wifi. the standard chromecast icon appears at the top of the stream app when a chromecast device is detected on the same network.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here