U

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Thursday, July 7th, 2022 12:40 PM

Closed

Xfinity stream beta app on roku tv error TVAPP-00500 no live tv

I have a 32” TCL Roku tv. I was able to successfully watch live tv through the beta app until this morning. It was working fine yesterday. This morning no love tv. I get the following error:

It looks like your plan doesn’t include any channels. (Error TVAPP-00500).

This is incorrect. I pay $250 a month and have one box with HD, DVR and everything except the premium movie channels and internet. 

so far these are the steps I have tried:

-unplugged tv and wait 1 minute to plug back in

-sign out of the xfinity stream beta app and sign back in

-remove and reinstall beta app (3 times)

-update the beta app

-reset roku tv back to factory setting and reinstall everything again

Nothing I did fixed anything. I am still seeing the same error code, and am not able to access the live tv through the xfinity stream beta app. 

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

After reading through all the different chats I managed to get my live tv on the beta app working again. 

This may not work if you don’t have any cable boxes as I’m not sure if you have the same account options.

I’ll post screenshots in a few minutes of the steps.

1. Open the xfinity my account app
  2. go to tv
  3. at the top click run diagnostic 
  4. Select restart tv box once it pops up
  5. hit continue when you see the page about checking cables 
  6. takes you to the page where you select system refresh or restart
  7. hit refresh system (this takes 20 minutes)
  8. once it’s done give it 5ish minutes and check the beta app again

I first ran the restart box and it didn’t fix the error. After I ran system refresh I was able to see the live tv on the beta app.

(edited)

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

hope this helps. This worked to get the live tv working again on the xfinity streaming beta app on my roku tv. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I'm having the same issue.  I use only the Xfinity Stream Beta app.  I do not have a box.  The app was working great until this morning (July 7, 2022).  I tried everything you have listed, and the app is still not working.

Problem Solver

• 

393 Messages

Hello @Anon418357 and thank you for bringing this concern to our attention here at the Xfinity Forums Community. It looks like other customers are reporting that a restart or refresh of apps and equipment have been working to resolve this issue in the last day or two. Are you still experiencing difficulties accessing the Xfinity Stream app as of right now?

I no longer work for Comcast.

Problem Solver

• 

493 Messages

2 years ago

Greetings, @user_3078b0. First and foremost, I just want to say, thank you! Thank you for sharing the steps you took in order to get this issue resolved. It really puts a smile on my face when I see people on here sharing their experiences and what they did to resolve them. With that said, how is everything working at the moment? Is there anything we can assist you with? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here