Onetech67's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Friday, August 23rd, 2019 12:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity Stream Beta App has no HD channels

I have a Roku TV and have been using the Xfinity Stream app for some time now. As of yesterday all the HD channels (800's) have disapeared. Can someone tell me why this has happened?  

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

5 years ago

Hi everyone. Here is a helpful/related FAQ link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-stream-beta-app-faqs.

Can I watch HD channels with the Xfinity Stream Beta app on Roku?
If your Xfinity TV subscription includes HD channels, you'll be able to watch the same HD channels on your Roku device. By default, Xfinity TV customers that subscribe to HD will auto-tune to the HD version of a channel when possible. If you do not subscribe to HD, you will not be able to view HD channels on your Roku device. If you would like to subscribe to HD, contact us to order.

There was an issue previously where customers were receiving HD programming on their Roku devices that did not have HD services included with their package. We have since corrected this and anyone not paying for HD service in their Comcast television package will no longer receive HD service on their Roku devices. 

Please let us know if you are paying for HD service and not receiving all or some HD channels (and give us a few examples if there are certain networks in particular) that way we can further assist. Thank you!

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

5 years ago

Just putting in a “me too” on this.  I have a TCL with built in Roku and a few weeks ago when I first installed the app it worked fine and I had all my HD channels. But I don’t now, all gone. Bummer.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Onetech67 wrote:

I have a Roku TV and have been using the Xfinity Stream app for some time now. As of yesterday all the HD channels (800's) have disapeared. Can someone tell me why this has happened?  

does your set top box show the HD channels and let you play them? can you try another smart device like phone or tablet and see if the stream app includes those channels and they play?

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

FYI, I used to have the HD channels on the Roku TV...

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Yes, I have the HD channels on tablet, phone and web. Also have it with set top box. but do not with the Roku television.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Onetech67 wrote:

Yes, I have the HD channels on tablet, phone and web. Also have it with set top box. but do not with the Roku television.

on the roku main menu highlight the xfinity channel and press the "star" button on the remote. select remove. after removed unplug the roku from the TV and power supply (AC) for 2-3 minutes. plug it back in and re add the Xfinity Beta channel and reauthorize. working?

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Nope, still no HD channels

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

A "me too" here as well.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Onetech67 wrote:

Nope, still no HD channels

does a smart phone/tablet have the HD channels? do you have a separate listing on your current bill for HD technology fee $10?

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Same thing here, 8/21 had HD channels in my listings, 8/22 HD channels gone. On Demand seems to be broadcasting in HD.

I have a Roku which I restarted, removed the app, re-installed the app and re-authorized with no help.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Further detail:

My PC browser and phone can both stream HD channels.

Two Roku sticks (Streaming Stick and Streaming Stick+) are both up-to-date with latest firmware. Neither restarts nor removal and reinstall/re-authorization of Stream app brings back the HD listings.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@daddygrumble wrote:

Further detail:

My PC browser and phone can both stream HD channels.

Two Roku sticks (Streaming Stick and Streaming Stick+) are both up-to-date with latest firmware. Neither restarts nor removal and reinstall/re-authorization of Stream app brings back the HD listings.

does your bill show a separate line for HD technology with $10 or does it show 0.00?

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Why should that matter if it worked for months and then just stopped? I have HD channels on another tv with a box in my house and no contract.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

My bill does not have a line for HD fee - none. I subscribe to the digital starter package and have had HD channels all along, and still have access through online streaming on my PC and phone.

If this additional fee is to be extorted to give back what I have through other means, I may need to further consider my options.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

No My bill does not show a $10 HD fee. And never in the past 10 years have I seen such a fee on my bill. And if it were on my bill I would ask the question as to why, since the channel line-up package I pay for includes HD?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here