pjeffe001's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

Thursday, April 20th, 2023 7:03 PM

Closed

Xfinity Stream Authentication on Apple TV (daily requires reauthorization)

I've used Xfinity Stream on three Apple TV devices since the app was launched last summer. 

Suddenly last week I am having to reauthorize the Xfinity Stream app daily and after any time I close the app, although I am still on my home WiFi and nothing has changed with my configurations. 

This may be a bug and if so I'd like to report it but if there is anything I can do on my end I'm happy to try. 

The reauthorizations are always successful but add a lot of friction to the experience and would be a bigger problem for other people at my house if I wasn't right there to help them. 

Thank you. 

Problem Solver

• 

393 Messages

1 year ago

@pjeffe001 Thank you so much for contacting us here at the Xfinity Community Forums regarding verification on the Xfinity Stream app via Apple TV. I am so sorry to hear that the additional verification instances are taking place and can completely understand the frustration in having to do so that often.

Since this sounds like it may be a cookie or caching issue, have you had a chance to uninstall and reinstall the Xfinity Stream app, or clear app data in Apple TV?

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

@XfinityShaina​ I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Xfinity Stream app but do not see how to clear app data. This behavior of having to sign in often is continuing. 

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

@pjeffe001

Thank you for giving that a try! Uninstalling and reinstalling the Xfinity Stream app should have removed any cached data. I apologize that this issue is ongoing! We can open a ticket for this issue by first running through some troubleshooting steps in a direct messaging thread. We are ready to get started when you are!

Please send a direct message with your first and last name, as well as complete service address to "Xfinity Support". To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

1. Click "Sign In" if necessary
 2. Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 3. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 4. Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 5. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 6. Press Enter to send your message

I look forward to working with you soon!

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same thing is happening to me

New Problem Solver

• 

617 Messages

Hi @JoshZellers

thank you for letting us know you are experiencing the same issues. Have you also uninstalled/ reinstalled the app by chance? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I am also having this exact problem. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app has not corrected the situation

Problem Solver

• 

785 Messages

@user_58779b Thank you for letting us know you are having the same issue. Have you done a reset on the modem and then logged back in?  

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Ditto here

*padding characters*

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Same issue here in MI. Tried all the troubleshooting steps and still nothing fixes it. It’s maddening.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

There are now many many many people reporting this issue. It's clearly a problem with your app since no other apps on my AppleTV have this problem. Please fix this!

Not applicable

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

I’ve seen and tried all above too, with the same results. Chatted with tech support 2X with them either saying they don’t see any issue or it’s Apple’s issue.  All my other streaming app (Max, Disney, etc) have no such issue, so this is an Xfinity issue. And Xfinity Stream works fine on all other Apple devices.  I always keep my Apple devices on latest OS and apps on latest release so that’s not the issue. I believe the original (pre “stream”) Xfinity app worked reliably so something broke along the way. Further, I suspect the Xfinity user verification system doesn’t work well with Apple TV as it doesn’t validate quite like an iPhone/iPad so that may be an issue.  

Xfinity, please take note and fix your problem or provide a working answer on how to resolve this issue. 

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here