U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, January 24th, 2022 2:59 AM

Closed

Xfinity stream app won’t work with Apple AirPlay on TV

Xfinity stream doesn’t work with Airplay due to licensing?? Why not?? I’m on Xfinity internet connection! Every other app does….

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 years ago

Hello @user_61c178! We don't currently have an agreement with Apple to allow our app to function properly on Airplay at this time which is likely the cause of all your problems you are describing. You should be able to mirror the app though to the TV through the other devices as that is an apple function I have heard about. Please let me know if there is anything more we can help you with. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityEricB​ Can you be more specific here about the function you "heard about"? If the function does exist, it would be an implementation (or lack of) on y'all's part when creating the app so one would think y'all would know if that's an option in any other version of the Stream app, whether it's web or mobile. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

That solution doesn't work.  You still get a licensing error message.  :(

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

When will this be resolved?  I can no longer stream from Xfinity app to Apple TV using Airplay.  I have no issue with streaming content from any other service.  Why doesn't Xfinity fix this issue?!  Please will someone answer and let me know that Xfinity is at least working on this?

Contributor

• 

66 Messages

@brianbdotcom​ To my knowledge, you can't Airplay Xfinity Stream to Apple TV due to digital rights management issues.  It's all streaming service specific.  Yes, you can Airplay to Apple TV certain media and content from your iPhone or iPad.

Used to be that you could at least mirror your Xfinity Stream from iPhone or iPad to Apple TV but I don't think it works anymore either.  It's been a long time since I tried.  I can use Chromecast to my Sony TV but I stopped doing that because it wasn't a very good experience.  Instead I have Roku Streaming Stick+ on my TV and watch TV using Xfinity Stream Beta.  It's not perfect either.

Edit:  Just tried mirroring Xfinity Stream on my iPhone to Apple TV and it doesn't work.  I tried Casting from my iPhone to Sony TV and it worked pretty well.  There was a little bit of buffering going on but after about a minute, the picture quality was very sharp and clear.  Hope this helps.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Thanks for the reply.  After spending hours on the telephone back and forth with Xfinity and AppleCare I don't think it's a digital rights issue.  I've actually been doing it for nearly a year, and it just stopped working last week for some reason.  I can stream any other type of video such as Youtube and Netflix, but specifically Xfinity no longer works over Airplay -- Only the sound comes through, but the video does not.  The screen is black.  Again, this is a recent issue for me streaming Xfinity over Apple Airplay to my Apple TV.  I'm holding out hope that Xfinity will resolve it in a future update, but not holding my breath.  Very disappointed in Xfinity.  Again, no other streaming site has this issue.

Official Employee

• 

969 Messages

@brianbdotcom - Thanks for the clarification! It may be that things were working in error (based on what I'm seeing others have said), but I'd be happy to specifically troubleshoot the service on your account to see if we can get it working again. May I just have you send our team a private message with your full name and full address, please? We can most definitely take a further look at this for you.

To send a "Direct (private) Message":
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New Message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I just tried this as well and it didn't work for me either... sound coming through but video is just blank. As soon as I stop mirroring it works on my laptop just fine

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I am having the same problem. Very frustrating. I tried with the Samsung TV and thru Roku and none work. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here