boshat's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Monday, December 18th, 2023 2:40 PM

Closed

Xfinity Stream App will not play free On Demand on Roku media player

I have multiple devices with Xfinity stream app. 2 days ago I discovered that some movies that are available for playing free on demand are not free to play only on Roku devices. On Roku they are available for rent. Same movie , i.e. Sniper, Sniper 2 is free to play on PC, iPhone, or Android tablet. But on Roku it is only for rent. I tried it on Roku Ultra and Roku Ultra LT players. I power cycled Roku, I reinstalled app on Roku. Nothing changed. If I find some programming in TV guide on Roku and it is available to watch now (on demand) it will play it. But If it is not in the guide it is only for rent. I called Comcast support and they told me it is on comcast side and i have to wait 1 hour when it will be fixed. I had very little hope in such quick resolution. 1 day passed - same thing. So, something on comcast side is blocking free streaming only for Roku.
Update: I was able to narrow down this issue.. I found about 6 movies (sniper 1/2/3/4),  two movies about Sindbad they all free to play on demand till 1/1/24 They all from Sony Movies. But if i want to watch them on my TV with Roku I have to pay 3.99 to rent. At the same time some HBO movies that are only available on demand for free are available on Roku.. So it is not on demand service.. It is something else.. I hope someone from comcast will see this post and explain what is going on

No Responses!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here