U

Sunday, October 22nd, 2023 1:54 PM

Closed

XFINITY STREAM APP video Freezes on Cube Tv

My Xfinity stream app video freezes intermittently but audio is fine when stream live content using my Amazon Fire Cube Gen 3 TV on my LG C2 TV. I have uninstalled the app several times, upgrade all firmware, replaced HDMI cables, tried all TV HDMI ports but it still does it. My ROKU stick does not do this.

Is the Amazon Fire Cube TV Gen 3 not compatible with the XFINITY STREAM APP?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

9 months ago

Hello @user_oicfjy, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the Stream app, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

3 Messages

9 months ago

10-24-2023 Update: spoke to XFINITY TV support. They said they are aware of this issue with the XFINITY Stream APP not working correctly with Amazon Fire TV products. As many have mentioned they need their software engineers to provide a solution quickly since many folks use these Amazon streaming devices to watch their XFINITY content. If the problem is NOT resolved in a timely manner, I will be forced to discontinue my XFINITY TV streaming package and go with a competitor (e.g. YouTube TV or Hulu Live or others).

Currently when our video freezes on the GEN 3 Fire Cube TV using the XFINITY Stream APP, we need to select the HOME button to exit the APP and then restart the XFINITY stream APP to resume our live program. This can occur multiple times in 1 hour. NOT acceptable. 

Please XFINITY Stream APP software engineers elevate this issue as high priority. I own my own tech repair company and have volunteered to test your beta releases if your interested.

Official Employee

• 

823 Messages

Hello there @user_oicfjy ! I see that my colleague offered to work with you on this issue previously in this thread. We would still be willing to do that if you wish! Please send a direct message to us by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your full name and complete street address. Thanks!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here