amgiord's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Friday, September 29th, 2023 10:40 AM

Closed

Xfinity Stream app updated but doesn't playback DVR properly. On iPad and TV using Roku

Xfinity Stream app updated but doesn't playback DVR properly.  
On iPad and TV using Roku   
DVR works fine from other tv using xfinity box. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I have been experiencing this same problem.  The Stream App acts as if it is being subjected to a poor internet connection, therefore stops and appears to buffer as 3 horizontal dots appear, and this will continue repeatedly.   Additionally, if the app does not actually stop with buffering dots, it will suddenly "skip" as if it has lost packets of data.  THE PROBLEM IS IN THE APP, 100%.  Xfinity will surely want to immediately say that the app should be uninstalled and reinstalled on my device or blame my home internet service (which is Xfinity 1 Gb speed) but I have taken steps to prove neither is the problem.  I have narrowed this problem to the latest update (Android Release 8.0.1.13) as this behavior is replicated on two different Android devices (Galaxy Tab S9+ and Galaxy S22+) and when playing recorded shows through a browser on my desktop. In addition, I have replicated the problem when turning off WI-FI on my Android and using mobile data as a secondary internet source.  The problem has become so significant, it is making this App unusable in terms of the user experience.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Also

Sometimes the sound gets very low on nbc channel. Does that happen to you?

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hello @user_60f917, and thank you for reaching out about your issue with streaming your recordings. We would be happy to take a closer look into what is causing the issue, and work to get this resolved for you. 

Can you send us a direct message with your full name, name of account holder (if different), and service address please?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (speech bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

1 year ago

Same comments as User below with the exception that I seem to be able to watch ONLY NBC on 4, 1004 and the other HD NBC channel.   Cbs, abc, fox and everything else os zippo.    Roku, iPad, Sharp TV

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Good afternoon @user_806a11, and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums with your streaming concerns. We're sorry to hear you are experiencing issues streaming your channels. May I ask if you are experiencing any error codes or messages? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here