U

Thursday, November 2nd, 2023 5:55 AM

Closed

Xfinity Stream APP stopped working a week ago

What's been happening for the past week:  The app (Xfinity Stream on my iPhone 14) connects successfully with my LG TV every time.  But when I tap "Watch" on a show, it looks like streaming is about to start (the scrub bar shows, the 'downloading' circle is active, but the show never starts.  After a couple of minutes, the app says "ERROR" with no error code or explanation about the error.  On a couple of occasions it said "Just Watched" on the app, and both of those times it was a brand new recording that I had not watched (or even started watching) at all.

What I've done so far:  

Unplugged and rebooted the TV - made sure it is connected to the internet.

Rebooted my iPhone

Made sure both iPhone and the LG TV are both up to date with software.

Rebooted the modem/router

Uninstalled and reinstalled the Xfinity stream app.

Tested streaming from the Xfinity Stream app on my up-to-date iPad and same problem.  Connection, but no streaming success.

Any other suggestions?  Streaming was working well prior to about a week ago.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

Hi there @user_qp37ea. Thank you so much for reaching out to us about your Xfinity Stream app issues. This issues has been resolved. Please let us know if you are still having troubles with the App. 

5 Messages

@XfinityRoberto​ NO, this issue has not been resolved.  Nothing has changed, tonight I am still having the same problem i described in detail above.  

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 months ago

I have been having the same issue for a few weeks now. Was there any success fixing the issue or is it an issue with the app itself?

5 Messages

Never got an answer here. I’ve been using workarounds…

Official Employee

• 

331 Messages

@kgordon258 So sorry to hear that, Ken. If you're having issues I'd be so happy to help if you'd direct message us your full name and address. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

10 months ago

I lost the ability to watch Live TV or stream on demand through the app about four days ago. A tech showed up and after about two hours of head scratching and trying to figure out why I was getting internet but no TV service through the stream app, he decided to disconnect my Netgear CM600 router and connect a new Xfinity router. Finally, I had TV service again on all my devices. Go to find out through a rep on Reddit that was following up with me, he told me my modem was end of life. I went to Xfinity website to look at compatible modems and no longer see my modem. I had no idea this was about to happen, but had been waiting for the day that it finally failed me and I wasn't able to get internet or anything. For the next week, I will have to rent the Xfinity modem until my Arris S33 gets here.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here