U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, January 22nd, 2022 6:11 AM

Closed

xfinity stream app on Samsung smart tv

Hi, I'm trying to stream live TV on my Samsung smart TV using the xfinity stream app and the whole experience is very very bad.

For a few days, the live stream was working fine, then  a "TVAPP-00101" error started popping up several times during the day and the app would stop working. Then for several days, the app was asking for reauthorization in a daily basis. Now, it has been about a day that I can't even start the app. It asks for authorization, but when I do it I get the message "This device can only access Xfinity stream on your in-home network". The TV is connected to the in-home network and I have only one account. I don't understand what the problem is...

I've tried everything I found online in order to fix this issue but nothing works... I have checked the wifi connection, rebooted the wifi, reinstalled the app, etc. Nothing can fix it... The app works fine on my phone but not on the TV which is really frustrating...  Could you help me with that?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Similar issue on my Samsung. Rebooting the TV (cold restart) resolved my issue. The Xfinity app does have "Beta" in its name so likely has stability issues. Mine froze on the channel browse page yet the TV and other apps were fine. Samsung should have an app-restart menu but I haven't seen such a method, so cold-restarting the TV by holding down the remote power button for ~5-sec restarts the TV and thus dumps all the app corrupt state.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.4K Messages

3 years ago

Hello @user_3775c5! Thanks for bringing this issue that you are having with the stream app to our attention. 

I see that it has been a few days since you made this post and I wanted to check in quickly to see if you were able to get the app working properly again or if you could still use a hand? We would love to help! :)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityTambrey​ Hi ! As @user_78c06e mentioned, cold-restarting the TV does help to temporarily fix the issue. But, the app is pretty unstable. This morning I had to re-activate it and errors keep popping up from time to time when switching channels.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.4K Messages

@user_3775c5, there can be a few different things that cause this particular authentication error (TVAPP-00101) on the stream beta app. We will need to gather some additional information from you so we can research your account to pinpoint the cause. Please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name as well as your service address so we can assist.

To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon on the top right of this page, next to the bell. Make sure to send the message to our singular handle "Xfinity Support" and we will get back to you ASAP.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thank you. I've sent a DM with my info.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here