U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, November 17th, 2022 11:08 AM

Closed

Xfinity stream app on roku missing channels

Xfinity stream app missing channels on my roku players and on the Xfinity steam for android on my phone. 

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I am having the same problem since yesterday

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

Same issue here, very few channels appear, no live tv viewing because of this. 

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

@user_ce8502​ working fine on an ipad, or android phone.

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

2 years ago

Same issue on Roku and xfinity.com/stream from a web browser-- so the problem is not with the Stream app but more likely with channel/menu distribution from their network. Don't bother re-installing/re-booting/re-starting or any other runaround that Xfinity gives you. It's just continued frustration with Xfinity customer service for this issue and the audio problems. Is there any communication between their engineers and customer service? Customer service seems to know nothing.

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

@gwaug​ do you have an xfinity modem, or your own?    i have my own. 

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

@user_ce8502​ I have my own modem. That has nothing to do with this problem. I have the same issue with the channel menu on my Android phone with WiFi disabled, running over cell data.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Same on my iPhone when I disable WiFi.

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

do you have an xfinity modem, or your own?    i have my own. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I too have the same problem on two roku devices as well as using the xfinity stream app on my phone. Have complete, proper listing of all channels from my computer.

Problem Solver

• 

577 Messages

@user_5a8887 Hello and good morning, and thank you for reaching out over our Xfinity Community Forums. I am so sorry to hear that you have also been experiencing these Roku issues. Our incredible Xfinity engineers were working on the issue, and as of today, the problem does appear to be resolved now for some/most customers. Are you still experiencing the same issue with your Rokus today? -Christopher

I no longer work for Comcast. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I started having this problem yesterday. I called Xfinity and they created a ticket but no fix.  My TCL and Samsung tvs with Roku will only get TNT channel. If I try to search for anything else it tells me to broaden my search. I have cleared all searches, deleted and reinstalled app and unplugged and restarted my tvs. All I get in the guide is the TNT channels. Please fix this asap; I’m stuck in the kitchen cooking Thanksgiving and I would like to have something else on the tv.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Same exact issue. TNT is the only live channel

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

all i get is the weather channel lol

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Same issue. This morning my LG Smart yes and my Roku still only have a handful of channels. I spoke with xfinity last night and a ticket was created. It was supposed to be resolved in 1-2 hrs. It is still not fixed. Xfinity is the worst service I’ve ever had!!! Unfortunately Xfinity cable is all we have in my area. I’m hoping Verizon or another service comes to my area. I will switch immediately. I don’t know why we don’t have Spectrum in this part of Florida. 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

Perhaps they are renegotiating there line up and app with Roku. Holiday and winter TV season. I am very unhappy with Comcast/Xfinity. Its always something.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@boslady_315270​ 

I just checked the outage status in my area.  Let's hope this fixes the stream channel issues.

Legacy TV outage detected

We’re aware that you may be experiencing a Legacy TV interruption and are working to resolve the issue by approximately 11/17/2022 04:40 PM (Eastern). We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

The issue persists and I am unable to access channels on my computer at Xfinity because

This Video Cannot Be Played

We've run into a problem while streaming Kelly Rowland, Bobby Berk.

(Error player.3401.245108)

Diagnostics

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

2 years ago

Problem has now cleared here (southern NH) on Roku app, Android app and xfinity.com/stream in browser. Only app restart/login required, no reinstall necessary. One-day outage, not bad for Comcast. ;-)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

In southern NH as well.  xfinity.com/stream in browser is now working with all channels showing.  IPHONE app still not showing all channels.

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

@user_27e004​ I had to log out of my Xfinity account and log back in on Android phone app (but not reinstall) to clear cached channel menu. iPhone app might be different. You might even have to reboot the phone to clear cached data.

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

This is (finally) a known (and acknowledged) problem.  Originally, any non-cable (Stream app, Roku, smart TV's, etc.) device had this problem.  As of the time I am writing this (16:32 EST on November 17, 2022), the problem still persists with mobile devices.  However, web browsers, smart TV's and (I believe) devices such as Roku, should be corrected.  If you want to watch on your mobile device, your best bet is to do it through your browser, since that will work (I've tested this out on my iPad and it does work).

Contributor

• 

473 Messages

Hey there @gwaug! We are truly sorry for this experience that you are going through! This is a known issue that our engineers are working on as quickly as possible! Are you still having this issue?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

I'm glad to see the app is working on the website. How is the app working out for you now, @user_27e004

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@XfinityDevinC​ The problem everyone is talking about just happened to me today, on Xfinity app via Roku (both tv's)  the only live tv I can get is NFL Total Access. I can't watch anything live. So are there still problems in other areas?

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I just got all the channels back...I am in Maryland

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

2 years ago

Also in Maryland and it does appear that Stream service for mobile devices is fully back.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

541 Messages

2 years ago

Good morning, @user_7f1e4c and Community Forums members! I appreciate the ongoing dialogue you've provided over the past few days regarding the recent concerns with the Xfinity Stream app and seeing channels on your non-X1 devices. This is a great example of what our Community here is for! 🙂

At this time, the issue you've described has been resolved and you should now be able to view your full channel lineup on your Roku devices. If you are still experiencing issues with your Xfinity Stream app, please provide an update with any error code/message or description of the issue here, and we'll be happy to help look into this further. 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityMacey​ my Roku tv's (4) will not stream xfinity, as of last Tuesday. We receive channels 45 The Weather Channel,53 TNT,204 TNT,245 The Weather Channel HD,1102 The Weather Channel HD,and1404 TNT. I have tried updating, unistall and reinstall daily, I rebooted my modem.

My attempts to play NBC or any local channels on xfinity through my account on my computer result in the following error message and code: 

This Video Cannot Be Played

We've run into a problem while streaming Airdate: 11/19.

(Error player.3401.245108)

Diagnostics

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

577 Messages

@boslady_315270 Hello and thank you for reaching out over our Xfinity Community Forum. I am so sorry to hear that you are experiencing these streaming issues as well. Have you noticed any change today since we announced here the issue was hopefully resolved? -Christopher

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityMacey​ as I just noted to

@XfinityDevinCthis issue is most definitely NOT resolved.

This issue just bit my entire family in the tuchas, yesterday.

None of my Roku devices are seeing any channels except for three Weather Channel options and my phone’s Xfinity app only displays those same channels in addition to any channel available via TVGO.

Since I have only one Xfinity box and the other 9 TVs in my home (I’ve got a large household…don’t judge 🤣) are connected to Roku devices, our service is pretty much bafufted.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityMacey​  No resolved here. Only live channel on the app is TNT. I've restarted, uninstalled, reset the tv....no change. Was working a day ago.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityMacey​ my roku TVs are not working as of 11/24/2022.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

The Xfinity stream app is not showing all channels. It’s only showing a couple of dozen channels. This is on three different Rokus in my house. Have tried restarting the devices and the app and it has not changed. All channels show on the Xfinity box.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

The Xfinity stream app is not showing all channels. It’s only showing a couple of dozen channels. This is on three different Rokus in my house. Have tried restarting the devices and the app and it has not changed. All channels show on the Xfinity box.

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

@user_37a737​ give xfinity support a call, they will get it fixed

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

I'm having the same problem. When I go to live tv the only station I can watch is NFL Total Access which is the last station I would ever watch. When I try and search it will let me pick lets say ABC but it's not the live shows. 

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@user_37a737​ So I just called C/S and he had no idea what the problem is, with tomorrow being a holiday and with never having any issues with Comcast resolved fast or even a reasonable amount of time I have a bad feeling on this problem. 

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@user_ce8502

So I just called C/S and he had no idea what the problem is, with tomorrow being a holiday and with never having any issues with Comcast resolved fast or even a reasonable amount of time I have a bad feeling on this problem. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_37a737 Good afternoon! Thank you for reaching out to our Community Forums Team For assistance with your Xfinity TV Stream App concerns. I can see how this would be frustrating when your services aren't working as designed. I would be delighted to support you in getting back up and running as quickly as possible. We have issued a ticket on our end, and are working on getting the issue resolved as soon as possible. In the meantime, I can assist you with your services specially in DM. Can you please send over your name, and service address in Direct Message? 

To send a "Peer to peer" message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

2 years ago

Same issue for me starting today Nov 23. All channels are gone.

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@GaryB007​ Where are you located?

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Thanks for reaching out about your channels as well, @GaryB007. I am seeing that our Engineers are doing further work to resolve this but would like to send over an Entitlement signal which is fixing it for some folks. Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same here missing majority of channels on xfinity stream on roku and Samsung TV November 23. Comcast was doing an upgrade in my area for the past 3 days and now this. Any resolution?

Problem Solver

• 

606 Messages

@NEUF Are you still having isues with your Stream service? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here