U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, June 29th, 2023 2:06 AM

Closed

Xfinity Stream app on my Fire TV always had the Closed Captioning on eventhough I have repeatedly set it to off.

Only in the Xfinity Stream app on our Fire TV  does Closed Captioning (CC) always default to ON, every single time a new channel/program is opened.  I love that you're into Accessibility (thanks), but we want the ability to set the CC DEFAULT to OFF.  How?  I checked in the Xfinity Portal ... Settings > Accessibility > Closed Captioning is OFF.  I checked in the Fire TV device's Settings > Accessibility, also OFF there.  But again, every time we open a new channel/program within Xfinity Stream app on Fire TV, CC starts as ON (default).  We know how to turn if OFF by navigating to the icon, but we don't want to have to do that every <darn> time. There's gotta be a way to set the Xfinity on FireTV CC default to OFF but we cannot find it.    Please don't reply with a link to the existing Accessibility CC Help page.  That doesn't address the issue.  We're talking about controlling the *default* behavior in this specific app+device scenario, as outlined above.  Please note that this only occurs with the Xfinity stream ,the other steaming services, Amazon Prime, MAX all have no closed captioning on.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

1 year ago

Hello @user_207c1c ! I really appreciate you for confirming the settings in the app and on the device itself. It is also really helpful to know other apps are not experiencing this issue. Could you please:

Go to Settings on your Fire TV.

Select Applications.

In Manage Installed Applications, select the Stream app

Select Clear Cache, and then Clear Data.

Then sign in to the app again to see if this is still happening?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Are you kidding me?

fffffgghjjuyrddfhjiyffcvhj

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

Hello, @user_f59884. Thank you for reaching out over Xfinity Forums, you have contacted the right place for assistance. If you've tried all the troubleshooting steps provided in the post, and are still experiencing issues with the Xfinity Stream App on Fire TV please let me know. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here