U

Sunday, February 4th, 2024 4:56 PM

Closed

Xfinity stream app not working

Hello, I have a Roku device in my workout room and the xfinity stream app stopped working last week. I have tried deleting the app and re-downloading. I’ve reset the Roku device. I’ve unplugged the Roku and plugged it back in. Nothing works. Why are there always problems with xfinity stream? Does anyone have a fix? About ready to dump xfinity altogether, for the price we pay for it. 

Official Employee

• 

300 Messages

8 months ago

@user_04g631 Deleting and re-downloading is a great start! Can you tell me if there are any error messages or codes on your screen when you try loading the Xfinity Stream app after installation?

2 Messages

8 months ago

It says

Error: TVAPP-00287

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

@user_04g631 Thank you for keeping us posted. Please restart your modem by unplugging it from your power outlet for 30 seconds and plugging it back in. Once it's back up and running please let me know if you're able to use the Xfinity Stream app. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

I have the same problem that @@user_04g631 is having with their Roku TV except I don’t even get an error message. I have to unplug the Roku tv to reset it and then I can access Xfinity Stream, but I shouldn’t have to continuously do this. You guys need to fix this! 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Lisamarie991 Good morning, Happy Saturday! Thank you for taking the time to reach out to our Community Forums Team for assistance with your Xfinity Stream App. It can be frustrating when your services aren't working properly. I would be happy to take a look at your services, and get this squared away for you. To begin, can you please send a Direct Message with your name, the service address, and the User ID you are using for your Xfinity Stream App? 

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here