H

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, March 31st, 2023 9:31 PM

Closed

Xfinity Stream app not loading and freezing lgoled65c1aub 2021

We have a 2021 LGOLED65C1AUB television and are using the Xfinity Stream App to watch our Xfinity channel line up.  We have confirmed this LG tv is compatible with the Xfinity stream app by contacting Xfinity support.  We are having the following issues and were sent to this forum to get the issues resolved by Xfinity customer support.

1) Weekly or more often, when starting the xfinity stream app it will not load.  It sits on the start screen with 3 white dots and never leaves.  There is no way to exit, no way to restart and the only fix we have found it to uninstall and reinstall the xfinity stream application.

2) Multiple times daily when watching LIVE and/or recorded TV the program we are watching stops, we are returned to a screen that has only the background screen that we usually see on the XFinity stream application.  Usually we can fix this by exiting the xfinity stream app and restarting the xfinity stream app and then resuming the program we were watching.  Occasionally, it is necessary to restart the TV.

We are hardwired to the internet with an Ethernet connection.  We have an older Samsung TV that we use to stream the Xfinity App, also hardwired that works without issue.  We have other streaming apps, prime video, netflix and peacock that work well on both televisions, so the problem appears to be only with the Xfinity app on the LG tv.  We have turned off the functionality on the LG TV that tries to keep programs in memory so they start faster.  It does not alleviate the problem.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I am adding that we have shut down, powered off, unplugged and restarted all of the equipment.  Xfinity customer service has also done reboots on the modem.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you very much for reaching out to our team here. Thank you as well for the detailed information, and all of the steps you have already taken. I would be happy to look further into that stream app issue for you from here. Could you send me a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service?

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I just received an email reminding me to accept the solution.  There is not a reasonable solution offered.  There was a ticket created for the "advanced team" and I was first told I would be notified after a solution was found, probably very quickly.  Then I was told by another representative that is not how things work and they were sorry I was told that I would be notified by the advanced team.  The current resolution offered is to continue uninstalling and reloading the Xfinity app, since that works, or get a cable box.  I am still waiting for a reasonable resolution, as what is offered is not acceptable.  The bug in the Xfinity application should be fixed, and if it cannot be fixed, Xfinity should provide the free flex box, but they won't since I have TV service.  That doesn't seem right as I am paying for Internet service and the flex box is free with internet service.  Of course, I am assuming I could load the Xfinity app on the flex box and that it would work.  My guess is that the flex box is just a cable box by another name.  Originally, we wanted the flex box so we could watch Peacock, since Peacock says a flex box or cable box is required to access the "free Xfinity" Peacock.  Fortunately, we finally did resolve this issue by figuring out what our login was when we had the Xfinity cable box, so Peacock is working.  Xfinity was no help resolving the Peacock issue either.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Our team is definitely still working through this issue, @HeritageRon. The email is from the ticket we put in being completed. If the issue is still continuing and the ticket is resolved, our team takes additional steps. I just checked one more time and am not seeing this as a known issue that is already being worked on so additional steps are needed by our team. I am also sending through a chat message to you now so we can continue to move this process forward. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here