Gewched's profile

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

Friday, April 8th, 2022 3:17 AM

Closed

Xfinity Stream App Missing

I just got my 2022 Samsung Frame TV and the first thing I did was load up the Stream app and activated it.  It’s been working fine for the last 2 days.

Fast forward to tonight, flipped on the TV and the Stream app is missing from my TV. Checked the Samsung App Store and it’s not listed there anymore either.

I verified it’s still installed on my 2019 Frame and still in the Samsung App Store for the 2019.

What’s the deal? Where did the Stream app go?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.4K Messages

3 years ago

Hello @gewched! Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Xfinity Forums about this.

I'm sad to hear the app seems to be missing from your new TV, so I took some time to try and dig into this situation a bit further. 

At this time I'm not seeing any notifications of ongoing issues with the app on 2022 devices, but they have also not been officially added to our compatibility list: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activating-xfinity-stream-smarttvs

Unfortunately this means we can't guarantee the app on those devices, but considering the fact that it was available previously, may indicate our developers are still working out a few bugs before it will be fully supported on new 2022 devices. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I am facing the exact same problem as @Gewched : I am not finding the Xfinity Stream app on my 2022 Samsung Frame. I've seen several references to people using in on previous versions of this same TV and it's interesting to note that @Gewched originally did find and download the app successfully on his 2022 frame. 

@XfinityTambrey - I think we need to get a response that includes more facts (why was it removed? when is it going to be enabled again?) and less speculation ("maybe our developers are working out bugs")... Can you please investigate with the relevant colleagues in your company and report back?

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

I did reach out to Samsung. They’ve confirmed that Xfinity removed the app from the Samsung store until further certification testing is completed.  I would imagine this affects all of the 2022 Samsung Smart TVs, but I only have the Frame to verify this on.

Its frustrating because it was installed, activated, and working fine. 

Do we have an ETA when the Stream app will support the 2022 TVs? These are starting to show up more and more now and this is the less than ideal experience.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@Gewched​ Thank you for reaching out to Samsung. I hope that @XfinityTambrey responds with a concrete timeline for the restoration of the app! In the meantime, may I bother you with a rookie question? When the Xfinity Stream app is actually working on your Frame TV, do you still need to have an Xfinity Cable box connected to it, or does the stream app make that unnecessary?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I just received my 2022 Samsung Frame TV yesterday....and had the same issue.  I thought I was doing something wrong, so thank you for starting this thread.  @uSergio, the stream app does not require a cable box which is great since Xfinity charges $8.50 per month for each additional TV box.  

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

@uSergio​ Sorry for the delay. I didn’t get the forum notifier email like usual.

@user_53c5b2 is correct about the box. When the Stream app is working, you do not need the physical cable box.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Just an update - the xfinity app returned to my 2022 Frame today.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here