Kaneooo's profile

Frequent Visitor


9 Messages

Sunday, March 12th, 2023 5:11 PM


Xfinity Stream App LG Tv - On Demand Buffering

​Have a new LG smart tv and the xfinity stream app seems to struggle when we watch programs on demand. The program will start off fine, but it will then buffer around :30 minutes in. Also, occasionally a screensaver of mountains will appear while we are watching. This is part of the xfinity app, nothing to do with the TV. We are connected to a strong WiFi 5GHz signal. Have tried closing the app and reopening and issue still happens. This is not every time we watch on demand, but happens somewhat frequently. I think the app just needs some updating on the backend. Not sure if there is anything we can do on our end. Thanks​

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver


7.2K Messages

1 year ago

Hello and thank you for posting here with this concern. Buffering is 99% a result of a poor internet signal, the other 1% could be caused by the app being defective on your device. To pinpoint what is causing this can you tell us if you have the same issue while using other apps on your TV? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here