zetes97's profile

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

Monday, July 29th, 2024 2:47 AM

Xfinity Stream App Just Stopped working on Roku Streaming Stick

I have been using the Xfinity stream app on multiple Roku stricks for years without a problem.   Since yesterday, it says "This device can only access Xfinity Stream on your in-home Xfinity WiFi."   Error TVAPP-00101.

I've confirmed that the Roku stick is using my home WiFi connection.   I've rebooted the Roku, logged out of the Xfinity Stream App and logged back in, removed the Xfinity Stream App and added it back to the Roku, and rebooted my modem.   None of these steps fixed the issue.  - HOURS on the phone with support team to be redirect to ROKU who in turn said this is an APP issue not a Roku issue since every other streaming service connects without issue on all the sticks.  

Streaming does work from my ipad, and other laptops on the same WiFi network.    

The Roku is the primary way I watch Xfinity streaming, so it's obviously frustrating to have it suddenly stop working on 5 TVs especially for what I am paying Comcast in monthly fees.    

Please HELP to fix the issue

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

Having the sane issue!!!!

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

2 months ago

same issue - I have reached out and spoken to a rep who is sending a tech to my house (which will obviously do nothing as this is a wide spread issue).  I followed all troubleshooting as well and nothing worked.  The app also doesn't recognize the at home internet connection on phones, ipads or my smart tv so this is not just a roku problem.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

What I got from help support was to try "disconnecting" my modem and then reestablish connection to their network which did nothing.  Also had me remove app, reinstall app, check for updates on the app - all which did nothing.  Last thing they had me do was factory reset my roku stick in hopes it would work.   NO SUCH LUCK.  I think they need to get the app development team involved. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hi @zetes97

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience with us. We understand how important it is for you to have your Xfinity Stream app working smoothly, especially after trying all the troubleshooting steps on your own. We genuinely care about resolving this issue for you.

We do have many others experiencing the same concern, and we're working to get this fixed. Since you've already done a lot of the recommended troubleshooting, let's try one more step together: uninstalling and reinstalling the app on your devices. Sometimes a fresh installation can resolve lingering issues. Could you please give that a try and let us know how it goes?

Thank you for your patience and understanding. We're here to help and will do everything we can to get this resolved for you.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

2 months ago

We have been having the same issue at our home as well. All Roku devices show the same error message. All worked fine two nights ago. Went to bed, in the morning none of them would connect. I logged back in, deleted the app, reinstalled, made sure all devices were up to date, modem restarted, router restarted. I finally contacted Xfinity this morning, and like you all I was given the run around. "It's my modem, the Roku's are compatible, please tighten all connections, etc." They refuse to acknowledge that the issue is on their end. I even told the customer service rep to look at XFINITY Forums. Their own forums and see that there are many customers having the same issue. They don't seem to understand that NOTHING changed on my end. Nothing! All other apps work. Internet and wifi in there house works fine. We can stream on our phones or computer but not on the Rokus. I tried to look at Roku forums to see what was being said on there. I didn't find anything. Did Roku roll out an update that made their devices incompatible? It would be nice to know. Looks like a cable/internet provider change may be in order soon. 

1 Message

2 months ago

I am having the same exact issue.  I have tried all known fixes but I am still getting the same error over and over again...  "The Video Cannot Be Played - We've run into a problem while streaming - (Error: TVAPP-00116)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Good luck getting your problem fixed
They gaslighted me with multiple live people telling me they had to go through all kinds of checks, and I kept insisting it wasn’t an outage, that’s my Xfinity streaming app on my Roku device wasn’t working, but that all my other streaming apps were working and that my Internet was great. 

Finally, some guy called me and said it’s a problem with the app give a time they are going to fix it.

1 Message

Thank you for saving me a lot of time.  We have had the exact same thing happen as you all describe.  Glad to hear that someone at Xfinity had the courage to tell it like it is, that the app is the problem.  Ours is still out and has been since Sunday.

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Thinking of leaving Xfinity as well.  Been a loyal customer for well over 20 years.   Customer service is the worst.  

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

I noticed about an hour ago the app completely disappeared from Roku.  I just came back and it is available and actually working - imagine that one!  Good luck folks. 

1 Message

@user_0mnyba​ 

Having the same issue since Saturday on 3 Roku tvs/devices. Xfinity told me there was an issue with an update and working to correct.  Supposed to email me when fixed.

19 Messages

1 month ago

i just purchased an amazon firetv stick 4k at home depot for $29.  plug it into an hdmi port, set it up as instructed, add the xfinity app and no buffering.  furthermore, you can replace all the boxes with this device and save the monthly fees.  screw them for not allowing mirroring between the phone and the tv.  i've been beating my head against the wall for many months and even filed a complaint with the FCC.  i can hardly believe i finally found what works.  they do allow streaming from all devices except phones, the one device handiest to use.  have fun!

19 Messages

1 month ago

everyone, purchase an amazon firetv stick 4k from anywhere (got mine at home depot for $29).  plug it into an hdmi port on the tv, set it up as instructed, add the xfinity app and no more buffering.  furthermore, turns out you can replace ALL your boxes with this device.... i am using it out of network (not comcast or xfinity internet.... starlink) which had been a horrible experience for many months... everyone here knows what i'm talking about.... even filed a complaint with the FCC.  i plan on replacing the boxes with these cheap devices and saving the $30 or so a month i'm paying for the box rental.  screw them.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here