sgtjdc's profile

Contributor

• 

47 Messages

Saturday, May 27th, 2023 3:30 PM

Closed

Xfinity Stream app in Amazon Fire Tablets

Yesterday, when I opened the Xfinity Stream app in my Fire Tablet 8 it said there was an update and I could not continue. Clicking on the update it told me that the app was already installed. I removed the app then tried to download  it from the Apps Store at Amazon and the app is not there.  I also have an Amazon Fire tablet 10 and there is still works. Going on line to Amazon in my computer it will only deliver the app to my 10 tablet and not to the 8.

Problem Solver

• 

368 Messages

1 year ago

@sgtjdc Does your Fire 8 have all of the system software updates installed? If so, it's possible that Xfinity is no longer supporting the app on that device. It's almost 5 years old. Released in Sept 2018.

Problem Solver

• 

828 Messages

1 year ago

What Fire OS is your Fire Tablet 8? The Xfinity Stream app is not supported on Fire OS 5 or earlier. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-tv-app-requirements

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

11 months ago

Correct. I have a Fire HD8 tablet and it will not update beyond Fire OS 5. OS 5 is not compatible with Xfinity Stream. I did not pay any attention for a while to the Update notice and continued to use the old Xfinity Stream beta app successfully. Recently, I decided Xfinity must be trying to help me convert to the new Xfinity Stream app, so I deleted the Xfinity Stream beta app and tried to install Xfinity Stream. It was unavailable on my tablet, and now there's no way to re-install Xfinity Stream beta.

So Xfinity simultaneously made my tablet less valuable, and my Xfinity Stream service less valuable. Thanks so much.

The tablet still works fine for non-Xfinity streaming content, though. I'll try that instead of Xfinity content.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

7 months ago

Connect your Fire tablet to your computer using the included charging cable.

Swipe down from the top of your Fire tablet screen and select the USB charging notification, then Transfer files.

Open the "Fire" device drive on your computer, then drag and drop the software update file into the Internal storage folder.

After the file transfer is complete, disconnect the charging cable from your device and your computer.

Open the Settings menu on your Fire tablet and select Device Options.

Select System Updates, then Update.

Your Fire tablet restarts during the software update. The message "Installing system update" appears on the screen

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here