mrsakahn's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, November 11th, 2023 4:36 PM

Closed

Xfinity Stream App does not work with LG TV

I have LG TV - 55” Class UQ9000 Series LED 4K UHD Smart webOS TV (purchased January 2023).  I have Xfinity WiFi.  The smart TV is linked to Xfinity WiFi.  I download the Xfinity Stream App on LG Smart TV.  I log in and then hit Live TV.  I get error message - looks like your plan doesn't include any channels.  Error TVAPP-00500.  I have TV as part of my plan and have 2 other TVs with cable boxes.  I want to use the Xfinity Stream App on this 3rd TV and not pay the monthly rental for a 3rd cable box.  Any ideas?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

11 months ago

@mrsakahn, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support! You may want to uninstall the Xfinity stream app, and then reinstall it. See if that works. If it doesn't, let us know, and we can run through some troubleshooting steps with you. 

1 Message

I have tried this several times, and also went through a battery of test with Xfinity support. Still does not work.

I installed the ‘Flex’ box from Xfinity. I do not like this. 

Infinity software/firmware should be fixed, We should not have to rely on yet another device to get what we paid for.

Official Employee

• 

3.8K Messages

user_ijv3xo, thanks for trying that for us on your end. We definitely want to further troubleshoot this with you. Please send us a Direct Message. Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Direct Message icon” (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the To line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here