U

Wednesday, September 4th, 2024 12:00 AM

Xfinity stream app away from home network

I am travelling and at a home that has Cox internet and a Roku TV. I am trying to log into the Xfinity Stream app but I'm getting error TVAPP-00101, saying "this device can only access Xfinity Stream on your in-home network."

I have no problem using the Streaming App on my phone or IPAD. But not the Roku TV?

Why does it work on the phone but not the Roku?

Official Employee

• 

580 Messages

1 month ago

@user_j1ny6l  Hello and good evening. Thanks for posting and sharing your experience. We appreciate it and that you thought of the community here to assist. It is a great place for help, and its an amazing resource to recommend to friends and family. I hope you are having a great evening so far staying out of the heat. The fall weather needs to arrive soon. Its great to see you use the Xfinity Stream app, its my favorite way to stay up to date with all the shows and movies that come out. The best is On Demand, as I can see stuff immediately. The Roku platforms are great, and they act like a second cable box. Customers can return their X1 cable boxes to save on the monthly fee, and use the Roku platform to enjoy everything they subsribe to, minus a couple of the awesome X1 features. It acts as a cable box with all the general features, meaning it is designed for in home viewing only. You can still use the Xfinity Stream app on your mobile as you do now, but Cast the content to the big screen. That way you can still enjoy what you want on a normal size tv, and control everything from the mobile device.  You can cast to any tv on the go, but Roku and the other devices listed here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-stream-app-faqs with the asterisk is for in home viewing only. Review it so you get the best out of your service, and let us know if you have additional questions. Have a great Thor'sday. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

What you don't answer is why can't I use the Xfinty Stream app on the Roku but I can use the app on my phone? Why should I have to Cast to the TV?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

9 days ago

What  is the point of having the Stream app work on Roku only in the home network? I don't need it when I'm home, I need it for when I'm away from home. 

2 Messages

Exactly this⬆️. My daughter is away at school, and can’t watch a local football game on her laptop using xfinity stream due to not being on our “home wifi”.

What is the point of offering streaming if you can’t use it while you’re away from home? Isn’t that the point of streaming? 

Official Employee

• 

826 Messages

Hey there, @user_m4rpgc! Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Xfinity Forums! I completely understand the concerns with wanting to Stream anywhere. There are licensing agreements that would limit Sports and other things based on the network and licensing. We can certainly document the feedback as we are always looking for way to improve the customers experience. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here