mike60093's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, December 10th, 2023 5:08 PM

Closed

Xfinity not streaming on Roku

Xfinity not streaming on Roku. Just looks like its buffering no error messages. All other apps work. tried opening app again. Turning off and on.

Official Employee

• 

4.1K Messages

10 months ago

Hey, @mike60093! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums! I apologize to hear of the issues you are having with the Xfinity Streaming app on the Roku device. The one thing our app does that other apps don't is verify that you are on the Xfinity network. It sounds like it might need to be reprovisioned. One thing I would recommend trying is uninstall the app again, then have the Xfinity app do a restart on the modem and then install the Stream app again to see if that gets you back up and running. I also just tested the Streaming app on my Roku to make sure it's not a system wide issue and it was streaming just fine.

1 Message

10 months ago

I have issues with the playback of recordings on Roku.  They will freeze up when I try to fast forward through commercials. This happens when I try to watch while a show is still being recorded as well as when it has already finished recording. I contacted service and someone tried to help via a chat, by restarting the app and modem, but it didnt do anything. This is an issue with the App, not my Roku. I tried this on my phone with app and had issues as well.

Official Employee

• 

331 Messages

@user_wvey69 so sorry to hear you're having that roku issue. Please direct message us your full name and address so we can further assist and look at this together. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

2 Messages

10 months ago

I am having the same issue as both these posters. Kind of frustrated that I have to delete the app and re-download. I only recently subscribed to the stream service a few weeks ago and find it odd that it already doesn't know I am on the Xfinity service. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here