U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, July 14th, 2021 7:56 PM

Closed

Xfinity in two locations

I have Xfinity TV and internet at my primary home. I will be purchasing a second summer house that will have Xfinity internet. Can I use the Xfinity app through an LG smart TV to watch shows off of my primary account?

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

3 years ago

Hey, @user_6c4ec6! The Xfinity Stream Beta App on Samsung, LG Smart TVs, and Amazon Fire TVs lets Xfinity TV customers enjoy their cable subscription at home from their Samsung, LG, or Amazon Fire device. Here are the LG smart TV's that the Stream App currently supports:

• 2020 TVs with Model Codes LG SM, LG UM, LG LM, LG OLED *9, including support for models with the new software version WebOSTV 5.0.
  • 2019 TVs with Model Codes LG SM, LG UM, LG LM, LG OLED *9.
  • 2018 TVs with Model Codes LG SK, LG UK, LG LK, LG OLED *8.
  • 2017 TVs with Model Codes LG SJ, LG UJ, LG LJ, LG OLED *7.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@ComcastThomasF Thank you. To be clear, I will not need a separate TV service though as long as I have the primary and in the second spot, I have Comcast internet, correct?  

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

You can use the Xfinity Stream app if you have multiple Xfinity accounts. Be sure to sign onto the one with the cable subscription. This might not be that great of an option as networks set the rules for viewing access on the app so you may not have access to all of your channels because you are no longer on your in-home network associated with the cable subscription. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here