U

Monday, February 5th, 2024 5:55 AM

Closed

Xfinity blocks streaming that I pay for

I pay a monthly fee to this greedy monopoly and that is supposed to get me cable and Internet. I travel a lot and over the last year, I'm now unable to stream about 80% of the content that I pay for. I wasn't able to watch the Playoffs, the Grammys and couldn't stream Feud because I wasn't in my "home network".

NEWSFLASH! This isn't the 1950s where everyone sits at home in front of their TVs each night. People travel, go on vacation, go to friends homes, etc. and want to STREAM the shows that they pay for! Xfinity is taking our money and denying streaming services.

I was told if I wanted to watch the Grammys I'd need to pay for Paramount+. So it's a ploy to rake in more money. With everyone getting rid of Xfinity I can see why you're desperate for money but you're gonna lose the few customers you have left! Obviously, after all this BS (along with the constant outages, slow Wifi, and price hikes) I'm going to find another provider in my area. But I can't believe this is legal and that there isn't a class action yet. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

8 months ago

Hello, @xfinityisworthless. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of not being able to stream your favorite shows especially while you're traveling. We would hate to lose you as a customer.

We have set agreements and they all vary from one network to another. Furthermore, we try our best to provide the best content available while your outside your home. Things can change as we work to enhance the programming options available to everyone. You can also visit this link https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/live-tv-streaming to learn more about live-streaming in and out of the home.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here