irenegp's profile

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

Tuesday, June 28th, 2022 7:58 PM

Closed

Xfinity beta stream problem started recently w. TCL-Roku TV

We have started having a problem reported in other posts, but I haven't seen a real answer, despite the fact that this appears to be a reurring problem with the combination of Xfinity with TCL-Roku TVs. When we try to use Xfinity beta stream, we go through the whole sign in, 6-number code process, get the "Success!" confirmation, and then the same screen appears on the TV as before the sign in. Nothing happened we could tell that triggered this.

We had a Comcast technician over, and we did all the usual stuff-  unplugging and replugging in the tv, unplugging and replugging the wifi router, removing and reinstalling the Xfinity beta app, resetting the tv, back to its factory settings. We have spoken to several Comcast and TCL  employees and the advice comes down to 1) buy a new tv, set it up, andvif we get the same problem, it's xfinity, if it goes away, it was the tv (It's 3 years old), or 2) drop Comcast, at least for tv. So I really want to know what else, beyond what we've done, worked for any of you users out there. Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

2 years ago

Hi there, @irenegp! Thanks so much for your detailed comment and sharing the steps you've taken so far. It's important to us that you're able to get the most out of your Xfinty services and enjoy your shows. We can help take a deeper dive. Could you please send our team a message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.
To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it. 

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Solved!  From my husband: "When I turned on TCL-Roku and tried to access the Xfinity stream icon, it asked me to go to Xfinity authorize with 6 code numbers. When I entered the numbers, instead of asking for my ID, since I was already signed on, or offering me a User Agreement to confirm, like it usually does, instead, it supplied me another 6 code numbers. It did this repetitively, never getting to the proper next screen.  Xfinity rep said it's the TV, TV rep said it's an Xfinity snafu. Eventually, I did a 2nd factory reset on the TV, confirmed an MCA number following the TCL protocol, then tried to sign onto Xfinity again.  This time, it gave me a set of code numbers, which, after typing in, yielded the expected authorization screen, which I confirmed.  It now streams fairly normally." So it seems to have been some TCL-Xfinity interface glitch.  Since I've seen complaints about this issue in online forums dating back to at least November 2020, along with claims that the engineers are "working on it,"  I would have expected this to glitch to have been solved by now.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Im having the same problem.  TCL-ROKU TV with Xfinity Streaming.  Message appears API timeout, unable to load channel selections.  Have to unplug TV, reconnect to WIFI, signin and then it works.  Its really odd that neither company will take responsibility for the fix. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I'm having problems streaming on a Samsung smart tv & was told by a rep that Xfinity is aware of the problem and engineers are working on it.  This was months ago. The issue are:

1) the picture quality is sometimes blurry

2) I am regularly being asked to authorize the tv

It's unfortunate that while the cost of service increase, the quality of service decreases. 

Problem Solver

• 

729 Messages

@

I am so sorry that you are having this issue with your Stream app! I know that can be frustrating, but I am happy to take a look at this with you. If you don't mind, have you done all the usual reboot the tv to see if that helps? If you have done that and you are still having this concern, you are welcome to message me here by following these directions: 

To send a direct message you may need to:

Click "Sign In"

Click the "direct message" icon

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here