U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, July 23rd, 2022 12:08 AM

Closed

Xfinity App freezing

My Xfinity app also is the only streaming service I have that freezes up. Every single time I try to watch it in my bedroom freezes making it very hard to watch! I pay for cable and Xfinity Wi-Fi. I even upgraded my Wi-Fi hoping that that would resolve my problem. So far everything still the same. It is the only app that I have that freezes up! You would think it would be the app that works the best. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

292 Messages

2 years ago

Hello, @user_88a423, thank you so much for sharing the issues that you are having with the Stream app. That is definitely not the experience that we want you to have. It would be our pleasure to assist. What device are you trying to use to access the application? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I have started using Roku Ultra boxes with Xfinity Stream app on 3 TVs.  Video on all of them freezes but audio keeps going.  Once I reset the Roku boxes, everything is fine until I turn off the boxes.  Next time that i turn them back on, video freezes again, and I have to do the ritual again.  The app and Roku boxes all have the lates software update.  Other apps, like Netflix, etc. are ok. It seems like this is an old problem, and it hasn't been fixed with the new xfinity stream app.

Problem Solver

• 

785 Messages

@Odan Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. I can see how this would be frustrating. After doing the reset on the boxes, have you done a reset on the modem as well? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

In the roku settings under network turn off the bandwidth saver settings and you should be good. I had the same problem for months and now I have no issues.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here