UB

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Jun 24, 2022 1:45 AM

Why is the stream app telling me to upgrade to watch MSNBC but I can watch it on my TV?

I have always been able to watch MSNBC on the app or my computer. Tonight when I go to stream it on either of those, it is telling me that I need to upgrade my subscription? But I can still watch it on my TV, so this channel is definitely still part of my package.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 months ago

Me too. Same problem. Xfinity region Eastern MA, Malden MA

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 months ago

Me too. Same problem

Official Employee

• 

223 Messages

@CtlystPtnr Hello! We just wanted to check back in with you to see if you were still having any issues. We did have some excellent information provided by @user_6a0acf that describes what is recommended to resolve this situation. Please give that a try and let us know if you're still having any issues.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 months ago

I had the same issue. I was able to resolve it. I went on my cable box, settings then went to help and did a system refresh. I made sure to log out of my app and roku app and once it was complete I signed back in and no more issues. Try that and see if it works.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

432 Messages

5 months ago

Hello there @user-b578 thank you so much for reaching out for help with this error message you are getting when trying to watch MSNBS remotely! @user_6a0acf had it correct these errors are most frequently caused by your account not communicating correctly to the app and the system refresh updates the website and app with the information on what is included in your plan! Did you by chance get a chance to perform that system refresh? If you did and you are still running into issues please let me know. I want to make sure you can get back to viewing remotely! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here