boboss's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Wed, Jan 27, 2021 2:00 PM

What is Error player.-9002.14007

I am trying to stream my xfinity channels from my computer, but keep receiving this error: Error player.-9002.14007

What is this error? It's been futile trying to find help from the xfinity help pages.

I am logged into my account, and am able to bring up the grid (guide) of live tv stations, but when I click a channel to watch, I receive the error.

Responses

Rustyben

Expert

• 

24K Messages

3 m ago

@boboss wrote:

I am trying to stream my xfinity channels from my computer, but keep receiving this error: Error player.-9002.14007

What is this error? It's been futile trying to find help from the xfinity help pages.

I am logged into my account, and am able to bring up the grid (guide) of live tv stations, but when I click a channel to watch, I receive the error.

are you in your own home, connected to your own home wifi and not using a VPN? does a smart phone/tablet stream normally?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

3 m ago

Yes, in my own home, on my own wifi, and no VPN. My phone streams correctly via the xfinity stream app. I can cast my phone to my tv via Chromecast, but the quality is subpar. I have my computer connected to the same tv via a different HDMI port and everything else works fine. I only have the problem when using the xfinity website and trying to stream online from there. I would like to know what the error message translates to.

I have a Linux box with 32gb of memory and a current kernel. I'm running a current copy of Firefox as my browser. There is nothing wrong with my system or my setup.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

3 m ago

Correction to my previous reply...

I am not on wifi, I am connected via Ethernet on my home network, managed by my xfinity gateway.

Rustyben

Expert

• 

24K Messages

3 m ago

@boboss wrote:

Yes, in my own home, on my own wifi, and no VPN. My phone streams correctly via the xfinity stream app. I can cast my phone to my tv via Chromecast, but the quality is subpar. I have my computer connected to the same tv via a different HDMI port and everything else works fine. I only have the problem when using the xfinity website and trying to stream online from there. I would like to know what the error message translates to.

I have a Linux box with 32gb of memory and a current kernel. I'm running a current copy of Firefox as my browser. There is nothing wrong with my system or my setup.

linux is not supported (no plans announced). partition and run a windows 10 version? 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

3 m ago

Haha!!! I realize you are just a volunteer, but that is a silly answer. Partition my drive, and run Windows to pull in web content? That's ridiculous when we are not talking about an application. This is a data stream. It's 2021 and we are talking about simple, modern web standards.

Go ahead and close this thread.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

23 d ago

Using Chrome browser? Click the padlock on the left side of address window. Then click 'Allow' rather than 'Block'. That fixed it for me.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

23 d ago

That refers to the address bar on the window that you got the error message on...

New to the Community?

Start Here