boboss's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, January 27th, 2021 2:00 PM

Closed

What is Error player.-9002.14007

I am trying to stream my xfinity channels from my computer, but keep receiving this error: Error player.-9002.14007

What is this error? It's been futile trying to find help from the xfinity help pages.

I am logged into my account, and am able to bring up the grid (guide) of live tv stations, but when I click a channel to watch, I receive the error.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

3 years ago

@boboss wrote:

I am trying to stream my xfinity channels from my computer, but keep receiving this error: Error player.-9002.14007

What is this error? It's been futile trying to find help from the xfinity help pages.

I am logged into my account, and am able to bring up the grid (guide) of live tv stations, but when I click a channel to watch, I receive the error.

are you in your own home, connected to your own home wifi and not using a VPN? does a smart phone/tablet stream normally?

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Yes, in my own home, on my own wifi, and no VPN. My phone streams correctly via the xfinity stream app. I can cast my phone to my tv via Chromecast, but the quality is subpar. I have my computer connected to the same tv via a different HDMI port and everything else works fine. I only have the problem when using the xfinity website and trying to stream online from there. I would like to know what the error message translates to.

I have a Linux box with 32gb of memory and a current kernel. I'm running a current copy of Firefox as my browser. There is nothing wrong with my system or my setup.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Correction to my previous reply...

I am not on wifi, I am connected via Ethernet on my home network, managed by my xfinity gateway.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

3 years ago

@boboss wrote:

Yes, in my own home, on my own wifi, and no VPN. My phone streams correctly via the xfinity stream app. I can cast my phone to my tv via Chromecast, but the quality is subpar. I have my computer connected to the same tv via a different HDMI port and everything else works fine. I only have the problem when using the xfinity website and trying to stream online from there. I would like to know what the error message translates to.

I have a Linux box with 32gb of memory and a current kernel. I'm running a current copy of Firefox as my browser. There is nothing wrong with my system or my setup.

linux is not supported (no plans announced). partition and run a windows 10 version? 

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Haha!!! I realize you are just a volunteer, but that is a silly answer. Partition my drive, and run Windows to pull in web content? That's ridiculous when we are not talking about an application. This is a data stream. It's 2021 and we are talking about simple, modern web standards.

Go ahead and close this thread.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Using Chrome browser? Click the padlock on the left side of address window. Then click 'Allow' rather than 'Block'. That fixed it for me.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

That refers to the address bar on the window that you got the error message on...

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here