U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Tue, Aug 2, 2022 10:30 PM

Watching Xfinity Stream - Sporadic Error when accessing channels

This is occurring both on my iPhone 13 as well as Apply TV (2017) - essentially what happens is I will click on a channel, and at first it might work (I am able to watch it live), then when I try a different one I will get an error saying the channel I am trying to access isn't included in my subscription plan. What's odd is if I try and access the same channel again, after trying 3-4 times it will work, and sometimes it will work on the first switch to a different channel on the first time, the error seems sporadic. ( btw all the channels I am trying to access are in my plan)

I am using a personal modem, the MAC address all lines up with what is stored in Xfinity Internet. I don't think it is a problem with the internet/making sure I am under my own home Wi-Fi, because it does work, it just takes 3-4 tries before the channel will not give me an error and I can watch it normally.

Please let me know if there are any suggestions. When I called Xfinity all they could really do was restart my XI TV service.

Official Employee

• 

61 Messages

11 d ago

@user_1dbe51Hi there, thank you for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Community Forum with your concerns. My apologies you are having issues with your Xfinity Streaming app, and it would be my pleasure to help in any way I can. Have you already made sure you have the most up-to-date version of the app? You would do this by going into your app store, and seeing if that one is giving the option to "update".  Also, please try deleting the app altogether, and installing it again if you have not already. Let me know how that goes please. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityVanessa​ Hello, after reinstalling the app,  as well as logging out and in, it did not seem to fix the issue. The same error still occurs, sporadically, sometimes I got to watch a channel live and no problem, when I switch to a different channel it will say I am not subscribed, but then after retrying a few times it works. I don't think this is an issue with the app/apple tv since I also tried on the web browser of my laptop and will also get the same error. Any further help would be much appreciated.

Official Employee

• 

73 Messages

@user_1dbe51 looks like our products team has been alerted of the matter with the Xfinity stream app not working properly, and we are working on some resolves, but we are needing some additional information.

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
   Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://comca.st/3byYweZ
   Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
   The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
   - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
   - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
   Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
   Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here