Irish_One's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Saturday, May 19th, 2012 4:00 PM

Closed

Watch ESPN iPhone App - Unable to play video

I am trying out the new Watch ESPN app on iPhone and when clicking on Watch Now I get an error message stating "Access to this content requires a television subscription.  Please contact your TV proider to subscribe".

Is there a seperate subscription required to watch on the ESPN app?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks ComcastJoe. The uninstall/reinstall seems to have done the trick!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

24.6K Messages

12 years ago

I will throw out a few points until ComcastJoe gets into the office on Monday.

Your home network must be using Comcast DNS settings, typically these days, 75.75.75.75 for primary and 75.75.76.76 for secondary.  The Adobe authenticaion doesn't seem to work on other DNS providers.

When you installed the app, the app would ask for your TV provider and then your primary Comcast logon and password.  This is the part that tells the app you are a ESPN subscriber on Comcast.  Once the authentication is setup, then authentication for the app is transparent.

If the above is all in place, then it could boil down to a code issue on your account that ComcastJoe can get fixed next business week.

There is a long extensive thread going on with many ESPN app issues and results, if you want to scroll through some of it.

Official Employee

• 

7.2K Messages

12 years ago

@Irish_One wrote:

I am trying out the new Watch ESPN app on iPhone and when clicking on Watch Now I get an error message stating "Access to this content requires a television subscription.  Please contact your TV proider to subscribe".

Is there a seperate subscription required to watch on the ESPN app?

Is ESPN working on your TV?

Do you have any cable boxes with On Demand set up in your home?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
@TWITTER: @XfinityTVJoe

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

i'm having the same issue with the app on my iphone. i do have cable boxes with on demand accesss in my home and espn is working on all the boxes.i have 3 boxes.

Official Employee

• 

7.2K Messages

12 years ago

@mike22277 wrote:

i'm having the same issue with the app on my iphone. i do have cable boxes with on demand accesss in my home and espn is working on all the boxes.i have 3 boxes.

Are you able to sign into the app?

Is an error message appearing?

Thanks,
Joe

Official Employee

• 

7.2K Messages

12 years ago

@mike22277 wrote:

i am able to sign into app and when i try to watch something i get the same error message  "Access to this content requires a television subscription.  Please contact your TV proider to subscribe".

Do you have a set top box with On Demand in your home?

Does ESPN3 work?

Thanks,
Joe

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

i am able to sign into app and when i try to watch something i get the same error message  "Access to this content requires a television subscription.  Please contact your TV proider to subscribe".

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

This is the same problem I'm having. I can't see any solution at the end of this string. Was this issue resolved and if so, how? 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

When I click on the link to play the video on espn3 on my iphone, it says unable to play video "null" whats the meaning of that ? Is it being resolved ?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Hello- I have the same problem. It is new for me not to be able to play all videos on the WatchESPN app using  my Ipad. I had been doing just fine until I upgraded both Iphone and Ipad to iOS 5.1.1. Now I either get the "null" message or the app "crashes" when I try to play live streaming ESPN 3 events. When I downloaded the upgrade to iOS 5.1.1 via ITunes there was an accompanying request that I download another program that would somehow affect my communication settings for the better. Not sure whether this got uploaded or what its supposed to do. Help me ComcastJoe.

Official Employee

• 

7.2K Messages

12 years ago

Hi all,

If you are getting a "null" error message, please uninstall then reinstall the app.

If it is still not working, please try another Wi-Fi connection.

Also, where are you trying to use this app from? What type of network? (Home, Work, Public: like a coffee shop, etc.

Thanks,
Joe
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Same issue here - I'm getting the null message for the ESPN feed and two ESPN3 feeds (NCAA Track & Field, which is only on ESPN3, and US v. Antigua & Barbuda soccer game, which is also on ESPN). ESPN2 comes through fine though, as do all the other live ESPN3 feeds and the recorded ESPN3 feeds that I've tried.

Re-install didn't change anything for me either.

Oh, and the ESPN feed comes through just fine on the computer, so the problem must be with the app.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Same null message. Reinstall did not work. Other suggestions?

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for your prompt reply.  I've tried logging out and back in on both ESPN & Comcast.  I've tried different browers and I've restarted my computer.  I've also tried re-installing the App but nothing is working for either.  

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Hi!  I'm trying to login and watch Wimbledon on the app or on my computer.  ESPN is saying that I must be on my home internet connection to watch?!?!?!?  

This is new.  I've used the app and my computer from the same location on numerous occasions.  Please help!  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here