Whoareyou1999's profile

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

Monday, February 5th, 2024 2:39 PM

Closed

Video Quality Live Stream for "in-home" live playback is poor /Recorded TV and TOGO is higher resolution (MS Edge)

Streaming video via browser.  

For In-Home live playback, Video quality is poor resoluton.  It's obviously lower resolution since it's a little blurry, and it's very noticable on sports shows. 

If I record same channel to cloud DVR and start playback, the resolution is as expected

Also, To-go channels have much better resolution.

Perfect example is Tennis Channel.  Record a match and start playback and the video is very watchable.  Try watching it live (in-home) and the video is somewhat blurry and annoying to view because of the lower resolution.  

There is something going on here, and it only impacts live TV for in-home marked streams.

I utilize my own router and cable modem.  Is it possible that for IPTV my router is restricting IPTV bandwidth?

Do people with xfinity supplied gateways have this same issue? 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

8 months ago

Hello Whoareyou1999

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a Direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears.

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

I provided requested information, so what's next step?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here