D

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, June 9th, 2021 1:53 PM

Closed

Using Xfinity APP on iphone to stream to non-WIFI TV

I DO NOT have internet access via WIFI. I MUST use my iphone. I use the Xfinity streaming app to watch TV channels on the go, but the screen is so small. I would love to connect my iphone to my TV--non-WIFI capable--via a lightning to HDMI convert cable. So why does the Xfinity content not display on my TV???  I can see my iphonde screen when I connect the iphone to my TV via the cable.  I can watch FOXNEWS and other content, but not Xfinity.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

541 Messages

3 years ago

Good morning, @dreadio, and thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums for assistance with your Xfinity Stream app from your iPhone-to-TV question! While we've all been home over the past year, we've watched our church services from home and used the Miracast feature on my Samsung phone to watch it on our TV. I know where you're coming from with not wanting to watch on the small phone screen!

At this time, the Xfinity Stream app does not allow the Miracast function to send the image to your TV screen. If you would like to have access to streaming services on your TV, I would highly recommend we get you set up with one of our Xfinity Flex boxes.

With Xfinity Flex, you’ll be able to stream more than 10,000 free movies and shows, access your favorite apps like Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+ and Hulu, and rent or purchase top movies and shows. The award-winning Xfinity Voice Remote makes it’s easier than ever to search across your apps, all in one place.

And now, Flex comes with Peacock – the new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Stream hundreds of movies, your favorite TV series, and exclusive originals, plus the latest in news, sports, and pop culture – updated daily. All included for no extra cost – no strings attached. On Flex you can also listen to your favorite artist or playlist using Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio and Amazon Music. If you’re using Xfinity Flex with an xFi Gateway, certain Xfinity features are available, like pausing WiFi and setting parental controls.

To use Xfinity Flex, you'll need an Xfinity Flex streaming device. The first Xfinity Flex streaming device (which is 4K ultra high definition, or UHD, enabled) is included with your Xfinity Internet service. Each additional streaming device is just $5 per month. If you'd like to cancel your service for any reason, you’ll need to return your Xfinity Flex streaming device. We would be happy to ship you one or you can even pick one up in our local Comcast store.

You can find more information about Flex, including ordering a box, at

https://comca.st/3zk9PPm. Or, if you'd like, I can help order a box for you! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here