mopargirl's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, October 26th, 2022 10:54 PM

Closed

unable to access channel guide on lg tv xfinity streaming app

Had LG tv for 2 days. Downloaded Xfinity app and can get the channel guide initially but if you want to change the channel you can't do anything and you can't get back to the guide unless you escape out of the app and go back in. I don't want to get another cable box, that's why we got a smart tv but this is the biggest hassle in the world to just watch tv.  LG model 27LQ625S

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

2 years ago

Hi, @mopargirl! Thanks for meeting us here in our community! I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues while trying to stream through our Xfinity Stream app on your new LG TV. I do not see any known issues with the new LG TVs, but I do with some older LG models. Have you deleted the Xfinity Stream app, and downloaded it again? I would recommend you try at least once more, and sign in to see if that resolved the issue or not. Please let us know. We look forward to your reply.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have had the same issue on a new LG (2 days old also) TV.  Set the Xfinity Stream app up last evening and our regular guide and our favorite channel guides were both there.  Now can't find them anywhere.

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

Hello @user_b5642d, thanks for reaching out on our Forums page. We appreciate you being a customer with us, and I am sorry to hear about this Favorites guide issue. My team would be more than happy to help. Just to confirm, for troubleshooting purposes, have you deleted the Xfinity Stream app, and downloaded it again?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I have had the same issue on a new LG TV.  Set the Xfinity Stream app up and now can't get the channel guide or select any other station.  I did uninstall the app and reinstalled it, but this did not fix the problem.

Contributor

• 

127 Messages

Hello @user_85f9f7 thank you for reaching out to Xfinity through our forums. We appreciate you sharing the steps you have already tried to resolve this issue with the Xfinity Stream App. I would like to take a closer look into this for you. To get started, please send me a Direct Message with your first and last name, as well as your full and complete address? Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Direct Message icon” (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here