D

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, July 7th, 2022 3:17 AM

Closed

TVAPP-00500

Can't access live tv channels on xfinity stream beta on my roku tv. Was able to access live tv for the last 3 weeks since turning in the bedroom boxes but can't access it now. I was able to access it today until tonight around 6:00pm

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

Same here. I have 1 box in the living room and a roku tv in my home office. I was watching the live channels just fine yesterday. I turned the tv on this morning to put the news on while I work and the live tv channels are gone. It gives the same error saying live tv Isn’t part of my plan. I have used this app on my roku for years.

I have unplugged the tv for 1 min and plugged it back in, removed and reinstalled the app 3 times. Still the same outcome.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_3078b0​ 

I was on with customer support but nothing. I did the same and unplugged the tv and reset the internet but same results. I'm able to access my DVR on the beta app and browse but no live channels. Sounds like the beta app is causing a lot of problems with live channels no matter what tv you have. I'm going to the xfinity store and get my boxes back so at least I can watch live tv until they get the app fixed. [Edited: "Language"] I have to rent their stuff again.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

So I'm guessing they are having trouble with the app?  Did they say that?

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@user_2aa4ec​ 

I just saw a chat someone else posted. The CS on chat told them the app is having issues and they are working  on it

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/xfinity-stream-website/cant-stream-live-channels-tvapp00500/62c6d786c1d78836ea3e28df

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I was also told by chat that they are aware of the issue and are working on it, said it would take a day, but it needs to be announced. We all cant keep going to CS after the estimated time that it was supposed to be fixed to wait for hrs to be told to wait another day. We are paying for services that we are not receiving.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_3078b0​ Same Error message (TVAPP-00500) here that started on 7/6. I am on a call right now with Customer Service. After some trouble shooting, they say this is a known issue being reported by others as well. They have set up a technical support ticket and they are working on a fix, expected to be completed by tomorrow 7/8. If I receive more information or a call back on my support ticket, I will provide an update 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Hello,

I just had the same problem. I couldn't get the live channel guide to show up and the Watch Button didn't show up, after getting into the Xfinity Streaming App. 

I tried restarting, updating, etc. and nothing helped.

The solution, turned out to be simply, signing out of the Xfinity Streaming App and signing back in.

I now have my Xfinity Streaming channels and live TV back.

I hope this helps others.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

I just managed to fix mine after reading another chat. This may not work if you don’t have any cable boxes. I went to my xfinity my account app and under tv where it shows my boxes I first hit restart and let it run for the 5 minutes then I selected refresh which takes 20 minutes to complete. I just now turned on the app and the live tv was there.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@user_3078b0​ No, I have a Roku box, most people here are having this issue with their Roku box/stick or smart TV, we are unable to use the xfinity app to refresh. Thanks for sharing though, hopefully, that helps someone with the cable box.  

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@user_6f9d15​ 

running the system refresh on the xfinity app fixed the beta app on my roku tv. Sorry if that wasn’t clear.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_3078b0​ 

Same fix worked for me! I refreshed my internet using the xfinity app. After a few hours xfinity stream live tv was up and running again on my Roku. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Hello, people my xfinity stream app started to work around 3pm. IDK what happened we turned the tv to watch Netflix and it was working. I hope it gets fixed for yall soon. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_6f9d15​ 

That is about the same time I noticed if working for me too. I attributed it to the xfinity internet refresh I had done earlier that same day. But now I am wondering if xfinity fixed something on their end. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here